2007-09 Model Trends from VWoA

Old August 31st 06, 02:25 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Bryan K. Walton

Default 2007-09 Model Trends from VWoA

There is some good news coming out of VWoA regarding their model
lineup (at least I see it as good news). According to the following
web page:

http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dl...FREE/60828014/

Some snippets:

Small car: VW has promised U.S. dealers a car to compete with
entry-priced models from South Korea. Insiders say the answer may be a
car using a modified platform from the Polo, a VW subcompact sold in
Europe. The car could arrive in 2009 or 2010.

Jetta: The redesigned sedan went on sale last year. VW is abandoning
its strategy of moving the Jetta upmarket. Instead, it will decontent
the entry-level 2007 Jetta and slash the price.

-Bryan

--
remove the "REMOVE" from my email to email
Old August 31st 06, 04:39 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Papa

Even better would be an announcement that PHEV models are forthcoming. Too
much to hope for, I guess.

Old September 3rd 06, 04:04 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Peter Parker

In article . com>,
Bryan K. Walton > wrote:
>There is some good news coming out of VWoA regarding their model
>lineup (at least I see it as good news). According to the following
>web page:
>
>http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dl...FREE/60828014/
>
>Some snippets:
>
>Small car: VW has promised U.S. dealers a car to compete with
>entry-priced models from South Korea. Insiders say the answer may be a
>car using a modified platform from the Polo, a VW subcompact sold in
>Europe. The car could arrive in 2009 or 2010.

VW seems to always be too little, too late. By the time they do a subcompact
the competition will long have it out already. The Smart car is already
in the USA. However they are still hard to find. There are a few on Ebay.

--
Jeeps and dubs and everything's nice...
Old September 4th 06, 01:56 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Oso[_2_]

> Small car: VW has promised U.S. dealers a car to compete with
> entry-priced models from South Korea. Insiders say the answer may be a
> car using a modified platform from the Polo, a VW subcompact sold in
> Europe. The car could arrive in 2009 or 2010.

I've heard of the CITY Golf & Jetta,
Basically the mk4 model with 2.0 only
and minimum equipement options

Changes to 325i sedan from 2006 to 2007 model steve46 BMW 0 August 19th 06 09:42 PM
2007 Honda CRV: Wither the SUV? Redleathers Honda 3 July 3rd 06 05:24 PM
Log book Error XPUser BMW 5 August 17th 05 06:07 PM
Don't buy Dodge justme Dodge 10 July 13th 05 06:40 AM
With the new model, will people FINALLY stop referring to a V6 as an "LX" model ? Chief_Wiggum Ford Mustang 6 November 18th 04 04:56 PM