Fuel hose busted - and fixed! :)

Old August 4th 05, 12:59 AM
Philip Nasadowski

Default Fuel hose busted - and fixed! :)

Well, I got the new hose from saturn and decided to just stick it in
there tonight.

Amazingly, you can in fact do this without jacking the car up. You *do*
need the hose popper tool and a new clip if yours had a clip on the end.

The brackets drop semi easy with a 10mm deep socket to remove the
holding bolt. I cut the hose at the S bend part to thread it out both
ways (this allows you to tug and get space at the rear). feed the
narrow fitting end through the hole the S bend goes through, before you
do anything else. Then, I started at back and worked forward - clip the
hose up *then* connect it. It's pretty obvious once you see how it all
goes.

Obviously, a clean car and jackstands are a big help here. Still, even
with 2 tool hunting trips, it took a little over 2 hours WITHOUT
jackstands, assistants, or any light beyond a flashlight...

Since it has to come out, you might want to replace the gas filter while
you're at it.....

This sure beats patching the line (none of the methods I found were
really great), and it sure beats paying the dealer or a garage to do
it...
Old August 4th 05, 07:43 AM
NapalmHeart

"Philip Nasadowski" > wrote in message

<snip>
> This sure beats patching the line (none of the methods I found were
> really great), and it sure beats paying the dealer or a garage to do
> it...

Good to hear it worked out.

Ken