Copy of email to [email protected]

Old March 5th 05, 05:10 PM
Cockburn

"Michael Rodgers" > wrote in message

> <snip complete crap>

We'll never know, will we?

One of those statements is not total ********.

Old March 5th 05, 05:47 PM
Adrian

Cockburn ) gurgled happily, sounding
much like they were saying :

>> You bought an old shape, poverty spec BMW.
>>
>> It's now 9 years old, and, as expected of an old BMW, has developed a
>> huge bill.
>>
>> In what way is this BMW's problem? They don't warrant their cars to
>> run for ever and ever.

> One of those statements is not total ********.

All three look fairly close to being bob-on to me...
Old March 5th 05, 06:04 PM
Cockburn

"Adrian" > wrote in message

>>> You bought an old shape, poverty spec BMW.

'poverty spec BMW', if it has any real meaning it is certainly not a £2K
car.

>>> It's now 9 years old, and, as expected of an old BMW, has developed a
>>> huge bill.

'expected'?

>>> In what way is this BMW's problem? They don't warrant their cars to
>>> run for ever and ever.

They have lost a potential buyer. That's their problem as much as anyone's.

>> One of those statements is not total ********.

I still can't spot it. Which one?

> All three look fairly close to being bob-on to me...

No doubt you see the invasion of Iraq as saving the world from imminent
destruction.

'Have a nice day' I believe to be the correct response.

Old March 5th 05, 06:49 PM
Adrian

Cockburn ) gurgled happily, sounding
much like they were saying :

> 'poverty spec BMW', if it has any real meaning it is certainly not a
> £2K car.

No - it *IS* a £2k car. It's a 9 year old 318. Two grand is all it's worth.

> 'expected'?

Yep. BMW dealer labour rates are £100/hour+. BMW dealer parts prices are
expensive. 65k is the kind of mileage that a lot of parts start to give up
the ghost.

> They have lost a potential buyer. That's their problem as much as
> anyone's.

<shrug> Nobody ever claimed their dealers were good. Or anybody else's
dealers, come to that.

>> All three look fairly close to being bob-on to me...

> No doubt you see the invasion of Iraq as saving the world from
> imminent destruction.

No. Quite the opposite, if it bears any relevance. Which it doesn't.

> 'Have a nice day' I believe to be the correct response.

Indeed. Don't let the door hit you in the arse on the way out.
Old March 5th 05, 06:49 PM
Cockburn

"Adrian" > wrote in message

>> They have lost a potential buyer. That's their problem as much as
>> anyone's.

> <shrug>

Don't ever expect to earn a living in Sales and Marketing.

Old March 5th 05, 07:17 PM

Apparently on date Sat, 5 Mar 2005 18:49:27 -0000, "Cockburn"
> said:

>"Adrian" > wrote in message
>
>>> They have lost a potential buyer. That's their problem as much as
>>> anyone's.

>> <shrug>

>Don't ever expect to earn a living in Sales and Marketing.

If you take the words of those who earn a living in Sales and Marketing as good
advice, then you probably don't need to know what I think...

Old March 5th 05, 07:21 PM
Cockburn

> wrote in message

>>> <shrug>

>>Don't ever expect to earn a living in Sales and Marketing.

> If you take the words of those who earn a living in Sales and Marketing as
> good
> advice, then you probably don't need to know what I think...

I'll rephrase it, then.

'Apply for a job with BMW'.

Old March 5th 05, 08:22 PM
Adrian

Cockburn ) gurgled happily, sounding
much like they were saying :

>>>Don't ever expect to earn a living in Sales and Marketing.

>> If you take the words of those who earn a living in Sales and
>> Marketing as good advice, then you probably don't need to know what I
>> think...

> I'll rephrase it, then.
>
> 'Apply for a job with BMW'.

The fact I'd end up with a BMW as a company car would be more than enough
to put me off that as a career choice. Working in Bracknell, and working
with the kind of people who'd enjoy working for BMW would round it off...

"Sales for BMW" - No, I think I'd rather live on catfood for the rest of my
life.
Old March 5th 05, 08:25 PM
Alex Buell

On 5 Mar 2005 20:22:52 GMT, Adrian > wrote:

>Cockburn ) gurgled happily, sounding
>much like they were saying :=20

>>> If you take the words of those who earn a living in Sales and
>>> Marketing as good advice, then you probably don't need to know what I=

=20
>>> think...

>=20
>> I'll rephrase it, then.
>>
>> 'Apply for a job with BMW'.

>The fact I'd end up with a BMW as a company car would be more than =

enough=20
>to put me off that as a career choice. Working in Bracknell, and working=

=20
>with the kind of people who'd enjoy working for BMW would round it =

off...

>"Sales for BMW" - No, I think I'd rather live on catfood for the rest of=

my=20
>life.

Hmm.

<ITSOL>
If you had to choose a company car, what would you choose?
</ITSOL>

Cheers,
Alex.
--=20
http://www.munted.org.uk
Old March 5th 05, 08:33 PM
MsJuggzy to you

On Sat, 05 Mar 2005 20:25:02 +0000, Alex Buell
> wrote:

>If you had to choose a company car, what would you choose?

Fiat.

Glenys

--
Exercise in your frustration