Helping son replace seat

Old August 13th 06, 02:41 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Kate[_3_]

Default Helping son replace seat

Got good and stuck a week or so ago...
http://www.selby.ws/images/Dangit.jpg
Had to walk out, hitch a ride and go get the truck. He was sittin on his
belly pans with all four wheels throwing mud.

Got the hardwood in the small guest room and the living room, it's looking
pretty good. We're putting it all back together (new baseboards, a fresh
coat of paint and so on. Soon we can get started on the travartine in the
kitchen/dining area.

Sorry to hear your rear end went out.

*snikker*

Hubby has been gimpy too, maybe HIS posi needs a rebuild!

K.

<veegerNO > wrote in message
news
> been gooder than ever :0) 'specially since I got the posi unit fixed,
> and the bands adjusted. Still stump jumpin'? Added any rooms on the
> house? :0)
>
> On Thu, 10 Aug 2006 19:50:20 -0500, "Kate"
> > wrote:
>
>>Not in the front only in the rear.
>>
>>How ya been Spikie?
>>

>><veegerNO
> wrote in message
. ..
>>> On Tue, 8 Aug 2006 17:26:47 -0500, "Kate"

egroups.com...

http://207.36.208.198/albums/86810/003_May_21_3004.jpg

Old August 13th 06, 02:43 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Kate[_3_]

> wrote
> Hey, all, I'm picking up a seat this afternoon from the local "wrecking
> yard." They claim it's in nice condition -- $125.
>
> If we run into any problems we'll probably be back begging for help
> sometime tommorrow.
>
> Thanks, again. Oh, and I've exchanged a couple of e-mails with
> axe-killer Kate. She seems pretty normal, but she did make a big point
> that she needed to know what type of door locks we had before she
> could help with the mustang seat installation.
>
> At first I thought she meant door locks on the car, but she said no,
> door locks on our house....curious.... tina

DRAT! Moose and Squirrel must have ratted me out again!

Hope your repair went well Tina!

Kate

Old August 13th 06, 10:29 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
veegerNO [email protected]

On Sat, 12 Aug 2006 20:41:30 -0500, "Kate"
> wrote:

>Got good and stuck a week or so ago...
>http://www.selby.ws/images/Dangit.jpg
>Had to walk out, hitch a ride and go get the truck. He was sittin on his
>belly pans with all four wheels throwing mud.

That's what wenches.... errrr.... winches are for :0)

>Got the hardwood in the small guest room and the living room, it's looking
>pretty good. We're putting it all back together (new baseboards, a fresh
>coat of paint and so on. Soon we can get started on the travartine in the
>kitchen/dining area.

When ya gonna start digging the bomb shelter tunnels? I want to do
the dining room and maybe living room in hardwood. I'm thinking
ceramic tile in the kitchen in place of the vinyl. My neighbor did his
garage floor an black and white checkerboard to park his Viper or his
wife's Hummer on.... thinking it looked pretty sharp..... :0)

>Sorry to hear your rear end went out.

Me too, but the doc likes the fact I pay my bills on time. ;0)

>*snikker*
>
>Hubby has been gimpy too, maybe HIS posi needs a rebuild!

Might not be the posi... could be just the suspension. :0) (hey there
Hubster!)

>K.
>

><veegerNO > wrote in message
>news
>> been gooder than ever :0) 'specially since I got the posi unit fixed,
>> and the bands adjusted. Still stump jumpin'? Added any rooms on the
>> house? :0)
>>
>> On Thu, 10 Aug 2006 19:50:20 -0500, "Kate"
>> > wrote:
>>
>>>Not in the front only in the rear.
>>>
>>>How ya been Spikie?
>>>

>>><veegerNO

legroups.com...

Old August 19th 06, 09:27 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
WindsorFox[SS]

Kate wrote:
> Well now...
> have you looked to see if you can exchange the aprts that make it a power
> seat over onto the manual seat?
>
> Many MANY parts are interchangable!
>
> Kate

And some parts of a pine tree are edible too....

--

"Redundancy is the best way to teach idiots.
Redundancy is the best way to teach idiots.
Redundancy is the best way to teach idiots.
Redundancy is the best way to teach idiots.
Redundancy is the best way to teach idiots.
Redundancy is the best way to teach idiots." - ianal Vista

I used to have abs. Now, I've just got ab.
One big ol' Ab. - BigSkiff www.titanspot.com

Pyongyang sounds more like the sound effect an ACME catapult makes
as it goes off at precisely the wrong moment for Wile E. Coyote. -
Cadbury Moose
Old August 20th 06, 07:26 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Brent P[_1_]

In article >, Kate wrote:
> Well now...
> have you looked to see if you can exchange the aprts that make it a power
> seat over onto the manual seat?
>
> Many MANY parts are interchangable!

Trying to remember from when I took apart my power seat... I think it
could be done. I believe the difference would be just in the
'undercarriage' portion of the seat. Although I don't know about
talking newbies through it via a newsgroup.

Old August 20th 06, 06:35 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
[email protected]

OP again:

We thought about replacing taking the power pack from the electric seat
and putting it on the manual seat.

We even measured the holes on the underside of the manual seat and the
power seat and it looked like it would be an easy process to swap off
the frames, but as we started to turn the seat around to start the job,
noticed that the power seat lever for forward and back comes out of the
"middle of the upholstery," while on the manual seat, the slide lever
is under the seat.

So, it looked like we would have to mess with getting the existing
switch out of the upholstery somehow and then get it seated somehow
into the middle of the upholstery of the manual seat. Seemed like a
dicey deal. So, we just went with the manual seat.

Of course, after beating cursing and begging the original power seat to
"please work" when it was broken in the car -- and getting nowhere --
yesterday, I went to move the original power seat and now find that it
locks fine into the upright position and works fine through the rest of
the position.

I can't tell you how much we tinkered with moving it back and forth
before we replaced it.

I didn't tell my son. I'm taking over "grandma's house" tommorrow and
hiding it in her garage. Who knows, we may need it again. I just don't
feel like swapping it out and having it break again tommorrow.

Thanks again for the thoughts, tina.

94 civic lx seat woes Isaac Honda 0 May 31st 06 12:08 AM
Way to disable passenger airbay in '97 TJ? RobM Jeep 54 November 27th 05 02:45 PM
C5 Seat movement Pappy Corvette 8 November 22nd 05 12:22 PM
Broken Seat release lever 3 Dr VW Golf [email protected] VW water cooled 0 April 6th 05 05:31 PM
2001 Accord Coupe Seat Covers scobby Honda 0 December 7th 04 07:53 PM