Aftermarket brake parts

Old December 12th 09, 04:07 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
E. Meyer[_3_]

Default Aftermarket brake parts

On 12/11/09 7:20 AM, in article ,
"Tegger" > wrote:

> jim > wrote in
> :
>

>> Tegger wrote:

>>> Of course, /nobody/ has /any/ idea about the filter media itself
>>> beyond what it looks like.

>> What about the Labs that do tests to evaluate filter efficiency?

> Are the results of those tests freely available on the Internet, maybe even
> on the same sites that cut filters open to see what they look like inside?
>

>>> The media is the crux of the matter, the heart of the
>>> filter. I have personally noted that OEM Honda filters and
>>> aftermarket FRAMs behave very differently when observed after removal
>>> during an oil change.

>> behave differently when observed???? Is that like Schrödinger's cat?
>> What behavior did you observe.
>>

> When removed from the engine and held open-end up, aftermarket filters tend
> to continue to fill the center pipe from the "dirty" side. With OEM Honda
> and Toyota filters the center pipe remains dry under the same test (nothing
> leaks through from the "dirty" side).

Really? When I take off a Honda filter and hold it open end up, it fills
the center pipe almost immediately, and they all have for at least the past
15 years. Maybe the ones they sell in Canada are different than what we get
in Texas?

Old December 12th 09, 09:58 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Tegger[_2_]

"E. Meyer" > wrote in
:

> On 12/11/09 7:20 AM, in article ,
> "Tegger" > wrote:
>

>> When removed from the engine and held open-end up, aftermarket
>> filters tend to continue to fill the center pipe from the "dirty"
>> side. With OEM Honda and Toyota filters the center pipe remains dry
>> under the same test (nothing leaks through from the "dirty" side).
>>

> Really? When I take off a Honda filter and hold it open end up, it
> fills the center pipe almost immediately, and they all have for at
> least the past 15 years.

And when you dump it, does it fill again, and keep filling each time after
you dump it?

Maybe the ones they sell in Canada are
> different than what we get in Texas?

I'm told US-market Honda filters are made by a different company from the
Canadian ones.

--
Tegger

Old December 13th 09, 01:03 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
E. Meyer[_3_]

On 12/12/09 3:58 PM, in article ,
"Tegger" > wrote:

> "E. Meyer" > wrote in
> :
>

>> On 12/11/09 7:20 AM, in article ,
>> "Tegger" > wrote:
>>

>>> When removed from the engine and held open-end up, aftermarket
>>> filters tend to continue to fill the center pipe from the "dirty"
>>> side. With OEM Honda and Toyota filters the center pipe remains dry
>>> under the same test (nothing leaks through from the "dirty" side).
>>>

>> Really? When I take off a Honda filter and hold it open end up, it
>> fills the center pipe almost immediately, and they all have for at
>> least the past 15 years.

> And when you dump it, does it fill again, and keep filling each time after
> you dump it?

Yes.

> Maybe the ones they sell in Canada are
>> different than what we get in Texas?
>>

> I'm told US-market Honda filters are made by a different company from the
> Canadian ones.

They pretty much all say Fram. Occasionally I've seen a Filtech.

Old December 14th 09, 02:07 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
jfran

On Dec 10, 4:59*pm, "Heron McKeister" > wrote:
> "Tegger" > wrote in message

> > "Heron McKeister" > wrote in
> :

> > > "Tegger" > wrote in message

> Does your "experience" cover each and every single
> year, model and configuration of all Toyotas and
> Hondas ever produced? I somehow thought not.

Talking like you do, you must be some kind of expert. Just how much
experience do you have installing brakes on Honda's and Toyota's?

Comments on my 2001 GT aftermarket parts. Michael Ford Mustang 0 January 1st 08 06:55 AM
Parts for aftermarket air systems? Ralph D. Technology 2 October 23rd 05 01:02 AM
FA: 1990 miata parts + much more to come - long list, many OEM &aftermarket parts for 1.6 and 1.8 liter M1's pws Mazda 6 August 2nd 05 02:53 AM
Aftermarket parts Ron Armstrong Audi 1 July 20th 05 10:29 AM
Aftermarket Parts 2002 Sc2 Momesso Saturn 1 April 15th 05 12:03 PM