Looking for muscle car info

Old January 11th 07, 12:03 AM posted to rec.autos.antique
69 Cobra

Default Looking for muscle car info

I just got a 69 Ford Torino Coblra and I wanted to find some
information on it. Does anyone know where i can find production
numbers or a vin decoder that can tell me more about the car?

Old January 11th 07, 04:06 AM posted to rec.autos.antique
George Patterson

69 Cobra wrote:
> I just got a 69 Ford Torino Coblra and I wanted to find some
> information on it. Does anyone know where i can find production
> numbers or a vin decoder that can tell me more about the car?

Try http://www.decodethis.com

George Patterson
Forgive your enemies. But always remember who they are.
Old January 12th 07, 01:46 AM posted to rec.autos.antique
69 Cobra

Thanks. I got some information about the car from that. I still can't
find any info on production numbers. Also I'm looking for any good
places to get parts. Dearborn classics has specific parts for Torinos
but if anyone knows any online stores that have a good selection it
would help to compare prices and maybe see more parts. I'm restoring
the car and need a lot of minor parts like weatherstripping, some
chrome pieces, and other things.

Old January 24th 07, 03:06 PM posted to rec.autos.antique
Ray[_7_]

Try Macs Antique Auto Parts in NY. They have a catalong on Torino
parts. I use them for part for my 56 and 53 fords.

macsautoparts.com

Old February 8th 07, 02:45 PM posted to rec.autos.antique
Highcountry

This is the best place for you to check!

http://www.torinocobra.com/main1.htm

You are lucky, they have their own club!

Good Luck, Bruce

Old February 9th 07, 02:17 PM posted to rec.autos.antique
Otto Skorzeny

Here are a few more good sources:

Dennis Carpenter Ford Restoration Products
1-800-476-9653
www.dennis-carpenter.com

Obsolete Ford Parts
1-800-654-3247
405-631-3933

Melvin's Classic Ford Parts
770-981-2357
770-981-6207 fax

Steele Rubber Products
1-800-650-4502
www.steelerubber.com
(all rubber seals, trim, weatherstrips, etc.)

Forrest

Old February 24th 07, 05:01 AM posted to rec.autos.antique
Premier Bush

George Patterson wrote:
> 69 Cobra wrote:
>> I just got a 69 Ford Torino Coblra and I wanted to find some
>> information on it. Does anyone know where i can find production
>> numbers or a vin decoder that can tell me more about the car?

> Try http://www.decodethis.com

How accurate is that site? Here are the results for my 62 Galaxie:

V8 390 CID 1-4BBL 330 hp
Horsepower: 300
Carbs: 1-4BBL

So is it 300 or 330? All other sources that I've seen say 300.

http://www.decodethis.com/vin_decode...in=2P63Zxxxxxx

Old February 24th 07, 05:22 AM posted to rec.autos.antique
George Patterson

Premier Bush wrote:

> So is it 300 or 330? All other sources that I've seen say 300.

There are at least two problems with horsepower ratings. The first is that the
methods for measuring HP have changed frequently over the years. The main
problem in the last 50 years or so has been that manufacturers are not required
to be even remotely honest about the ratings. In periods in which power has been
felt to be a marketing advantage, they have frequently overrated the engines.
There have also been periods in which insurance companies have charged high
premiums for big engines; during those periods, big engines were underrated.

I would bet that the 330 hp is the manufacturer's original horsepower rating and
the 300 hp is an accurate measurement using modern standards.

George Patterson
If you torture the data long enough, eventually it will confess
to anything.