Oil leak in auto transmission.

Old June 6th 05, 07:01 PM
torgeir jensen

Default Oil leak in auto transmission.

Ref earlier post regarding spun cam bearing. Engine is shot and i have
bought a used engine to replace it. The transmission is leaking and when the
engine/transmission was removed there was a litte oil on the floor
indicating that it is leaking also when engine is off. It seems that both
oil seals for the drive shafts are leaking to some extendt but it is also
leaking from the underside of the casing. To me it seems that either the oil
pan or the cover over the differential housing is leaking. The transmission
now sitting on the floor i figure it would be easy to fix this now. Does
anybody know if i should use a gasket or is it ok to use only RTV sealant.
Also will any parts fall out if i remove the cover on the differential
housing. The right oil seal for the driveshaft seems to be easy to pry out
with a screwdriver but what about the left one?

Old June 6th 05, 07:06 PM
torgeir jensen

Hmmm silly me Car is 1993 Chrysler Voyager 3,3 with 4 speed automatic
transmission.
"torgeir jensen" > skrev i melding