Yoyo loaches

Old November 13th 05, 11:59 PM
Gill Passman

Default Yoyo loaches

I was at the LFS today - needed to buy supplies and am keeping an eye
out for Yoyos to join the solitary one in my son's tank....found some
and apart from the new lad in the shop not having a clue what I was on
about - tortured the manager for a good 15 mins trying to catch them as
they'd got mixed up with some other loaches - lol always good for a
laugh....still not sure that the three I got are all yoyos but they have
settled in really well...once they are more settled I'll be taking a
look....

As I was leaving I noticed that there were two large adult yoyos in with
the Malawis....they were around 3 - 4 inches long - around the same size
and fatness as some of my Clowns....now being a very weak willed person
I thought I want them....being a slightly less weak willed person I
resisted....can go back tomorrow....

Now here is the dilemma....I want these fish but the only tank I could
have put them in the Clowns have ich (maybe but I have my suspicions
that it might be something else) - so no way does anything new go in
there. So what I'm really left with is the 15 gall as a temporary home
til I get rid of the ich and also upgrade the other tank....2 months max
I reckon.

Current inhabitants a-

2 Dwarf Gouramis
1 Dutch Ram
4 Juhlii cories
5 Rummy Nose Tetras

I've got a fluval 2 plus in there put do have some dinky pumps hanging
about that I could use to increase filtration....

So should I go for it...bearing in mind it is a temporary home and water
changes etc can be increased in the interim....

They were great fish.....probably will be gone in the morning but it's
no hassle to drive out there....

Ideas, advice, tell me I'm being stupid to be tempted and it won't work,
tell me I shouldn't miss this chance......

Gill
Old November 14th 05, 02:02 AM
Bill Stock

"Gill Passman" wrote in message
.. .

[...]

Any reason they can't go in your son's tank temporarily? I gather that's
where the other Yoyos are going, i.e.. no quarantine.

I wish my Yoyos were bigger, although I suspect they're getting there
slowly, along with the rest of the inhabitants. By the time they reach 4"
they will need a bigger home.

Old November 14th 05, 02:50 PM
Gill Passman

Bill Stock wrote:
[...]

Thanks for that - now my only problem will be persuading him to give
them back once I get the larger tank and ich free Clowns...I did a quick
calculation and he had around 15" of fish in there so plenty of space -
I'll just need to keep an eye on the water parameters for a few days...

Went back to the LFS and bought 3 of them....they are in the process of
acclimitising right now :-)

On the quarantine subject normally it would be a yes exept I have a very
bad habit of then filling the QT tank with fish (weak willed) and also
I've had bad experiences quarantining loaches so generally I don't....I
just make very sure that none of the store water goes into the tank with
them...

Thanks again for the idea - inspired :-)

Gill