goldfish in warm water

Old March 24th 06, 04:20 PM posted to rec.aquaria.misc

Default goldfish in warm water

Charles wrote:
[snip]
I saw lots of goldfish in Malaysia and Thailand, they seemed to be
doing okay. Cool water is probably better, especially for the more
active ones, but I think tropical conditions aren't all that bad as
long as there is plenty of oxygen in the water and it is kept clean.

And that opens the possibility of mixing with tropicals. Haven't had a
chance to try it but I think corys are good mates for goldfish,
especially slow swimming fantails etc. The fast swimming single-tailed
varieties are a tiny bit aggressive to smaller, slower tankmates (like
corys), IME (or just think everything that's small is food?). On the
other hand I do remember back in Taiwan my common goldfish got along ok
with a baby pangasius, only problem was then they were darting around
and accidentally banged each other's heads.

Seb

Old March 24th 06, 08:25 PM posted to rec.aquaria.misc

On 24 Mar 2006 08:20:37 -0800, wrote:

Charles wrote:
[snip]
I saw lots of goldfish in Malaysia and Thailand, they seemed to be
doing okay. Cool water is probably better, especially for the more
active ones, but I think tropical conditions aren't all that bad as
long as there is plenty of oxygen in the water and it is kept clean.

And that opens the possibility of mixing with tropicals. Haven't had a
chance to try it but I think corys are good mates for goldfish,
especially slow swimming fantails etc. The fast swimming single-tailed
varieties are a tiny bit aggressive to smaller, slower tankmates (like
corys), IME (or just think everything that's small is food?). On the
other hand I do remember back in Taiwan my common goldfish got along ok
with a baby pangasius, only problem was then they were darting around
and accidentally banged each other's heads.

Seb

I have a couple in with some guppies now, and they don't bother them,
even the babies. From what I've seen, the goldfish will eat their own
eggs, or newly hatched goldfish while they are still acting more like
insects than fish, but once the babies start swimming like fish the
adult goldfish leave them alone.

Looking on Aquabid last night, I see lots of goldfish being sold from
Indonesia, and I know lots are raised in Singapore, so I don't think
tropical temps bother them all that much.

In Malaysia I saw several large aquaria with mixed goldfish and
tropicals.
Old March 25th 06, 04:30 PM posted to rec.aquaria.misc

Tell me more about Aquabid, especially if there are international
sellers! I live in London and I used to think Aquabid was mostly for
American buyers/sellers (and private sellers aren't really able to send
live stuff overseas).

Seb

water cooler, water coolers, water dispenser, water dispensers,bottleless water cooler,bottleless water coolers,bottleless water dispenser,bottleless water dispensers water coolers General 0 January 5th 06 09:09 AM
water cooler, water coolers, water dispenser, water dispensers,bottleless water cooler,bottleless water coolers,bottleless water dispenser,bottleless water dispensers water coolers Reefs 0 January 5th 06 09:06 AM
Rec.ponds FAQ Snooze General 0 May 17th 05 03:05 AM
winter water temperatures Ka30P General 9 September 7th 04 01:16 AM
No Better RO/DI Anywhere!!! Pat Hogan General 0 November 14th 03 05:57 PM