Filler neck band

Old December 19th 04, 10:44 PM
azazel scratch

Default Filler neck band

Fellow air-cooled drivers,

Is there a trick to installing the 1 inch black band over the filler
neck pipe and gas tank filler pipe? I have a '74 Super Beetle and I'm
tired of smelling gas fumes. I bought a brand new hose and bands from
the local VW dealer but the big hose removes the black band every time I
put it on. I tried gluing the band on but that didn't work..

Old December 20th 04, 12:42 AM
Robert

Try coating the inside of the filler hose with WD-40. That worked for me.
I just installed my filler tube today.

Old December 20th 04, 12:43 AM
Robert

Old December 20th 04, 08:32 PM
Ray Dios Haque

This is the same method I used too. If I hadn't been replacing the old
filler neck, I would have never believed that it ever came off of that
tube. It took two people pushing and pulling for me to get it back on.
-Ray