Listerine Drinker Arrested for DUI

Old January 18th 05, 03:08 AM
Harry K

It's wood alcohol that will kill you. I though that rubbing alcohol
-was- wood alcohol. Denatured -afaik- is de-watered. Alcohol is
highly hygroscopic (if that is the right term) and will suck water from
anything handy. That is the reason there is no 200 proof alcohol.
Harry K

Old January 18th 05, 03:13 AM
Laura Bush murdered her boy friend

I don't care where she got the alcohol, the point is she was driving
drunk and should be imprisoned.

Old January 18th 05, 03:13 AM

Old January 18th 05, 03:45 AM
LeMod Pol

Laura Bush murdered her boy friend wrote:

> I don't care where she got the alcohol, the point is she was driving
> drunk and should be imprisoned.

"Holocaust was greatly exaggerated and you know it.
Another monster lie from the gover-media."
- Judy Diarya, AKA "Laura Bush murdered her boyfriend"

--
LP

"We are fighting today for security, for progress,
and for peace, not only for ourselves but for all
men, not only for one generation but for all
generations. We are fighting to cleanse the world
of ancient evils, ancient ills."

Franklin Delano Roosevelt
State of the Union Address - 1942
Old January 18th 05, 03:45 AM
LeMod Pol

Old January 18th 05, 04:16 AM
Bill the second

"Harry K" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> It's wood alcohol that will kill you. I though that rubbing alcohol
> -was- wood alcohol. Denatured -afaik- is de-watered. Alcohol is
> highly hygroscopic (if that is the right term) and will suck water from
> anything handy. That is the reason there is no 200 proof alcohol.
> Harry K

Ethyl alcohol= normal alcohol

Denatured alcohol is when they add a little bit of difficult to remove
poisen to ethynol, so it can be sold and used for non drinking purposes,
with no extra controls or taxes.

IIRC wood alcohol is methyl alcohol, the antifreeze agent in windshield
wash. It is also a commonly used substance to denature Ethyl alcohol.

Rubbing alcohol is usually isopropyl alcohol.

Although you're also right about strong alcohol, it would severly dehydrate
you.

Old January 18th 05, 04:16 AM
Bill the second

oups.com...

Old January 18th 05, 05:28 AM
Daniel J. Stern

On Mon, 17 Jan 2005, Harry K wrote:

> It's wood alcohol that will kill you.

Methanol, yes.

> I though that rubbing alcohol -was- wood alcohol.

Rubbing alcohol is generally either ethanol or isopropanol.

> Denatured -afaik- is de-watered.

No, de-watered is "anhydrous". Denatured alcohol ("Methylated Spirit",
"Methyl Hydrate") is ethanol to which some methanol has been added.

> Alcohol is highly hygroscopic (if that is the right term) and will suck
> water from anything handy.

That is the correct term.

DS
Old January 18th 05, 05:28 AM
Daniel J. Stern

On Mon, 17 Jan 2005, Harry K wrote:

> It's wood alcohol that will kill you.

Methanol, yes.

> I though that rubbing alcohol -was- wood alcohol.

Rubbing alcohol is generally either ethanol or isopropanol.

> Denatured -afaik- is de-watered.

No, de-watered is "anhydrous". Denatured alcohol ("Methylated Spirit",
"Methyl Hydrate") is ethanol to which some methanol has been added.

> Alcohol is highly hygroscopic (if that is the right term) and will suck
> water from anything handy.

That is the correct term.

DS
Old January 18th 05, 07:35 AM
Robert F Merrill

Laura Bush murdered her boy friend wrote:

> I don't care where she got the alcohol, the point is she was driving
> drunk and should be imprisoned.

Shut the **** up and stop posting in this newsgroup. You reply to every
single goddamn thread with the same **** and it was funny for about 3
seconds.