Can I buy these?

Old August 26th 11, 04:52 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair
Steve Barker[_6_]

Default Can I buy these?

On 8/24/2011 11:40 AM, micky wrote:
> When I junked my old car two weeks ago, I forgot to remove two parts
> when I removed the hitch.
>
> The guy I sold the car to was going to part it and then sell it to the
> crusher, and he probably still has the car and the parts, but if I can
> just buy them, it would be easier.
>
> They are the same: two quite thick washers, rectangular, almost 2"
> by 3/4", with a square hole in the middle, to accept the square shank
> of a large carriage bolt that holds the hitch to the bumper. The
> head of the bolt goes where it would be impossible to get a wrench.
>
> What do I call such a thing if I'm trying to buy a couple, and do you
> think they are sold separately?
>
> Thanks a lot.
>

> (This is a class I hitch, attached to the car in four places. I have
> the hitch and 3 drawbars, and would like to be able to give or sell a
> complete hitch..)

find someone who knows a cutting torch and whip a couple out in 5 min.

--
Steve Barker
Old August 26th 11, 05:08 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair
dpb

On 8/25/2011 9:13 PM, Smitty Two wrote:
> In >, > wrote:
>
>> On 8/25/2011 9:31 AM, Smitty Two wrote:
>>
>>> I was referring to Harry Watt's gizmos, but then most DIYers don't have
>>> those, either.

>> Doesn't mean anything to me....
>>
>> --

> Oh, well, you're welcome to google for "drill square hole" if you're
> curious.

Not...

Old August 26th 11, 06:11 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair
aemeijers

On 8/26/2011 11:37 AM, micky wrote:
> On Fri, 26 Aug 2011 08:55:53 -0500, > wrote:
>

>> > wrote in message
>> eb.com...

>>> I can't. I'm too busy mixing spotted paint...
>>>

>> Honestly, a friend of mine DID make a spotted paint. It held together
>> during
>> storage, and sprayed or brushed on. He thought he would make a bunch of
>> money
>> on it but never did.

> Were the spots round?

What? Nobody makes plaid paint?

(tip of the hat to the old Warner Brothers (I think) cartoon from the
40s, where they had a pseudo-science teacher going over the special
abilities of various animals. they showed a chameleon happily changing
to match various backgrounds, and then they shoved a swatch of plaid
behind him, and he lost it. more hilarious to see than read about.)

--
aem sends...

Old August 26th 11, 07:57 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair
hachiroku

On Fri, 26 Aug 2011 08:44:13 -0700, jim beam wrote:

> On 08/26/2011 08:22 AM, Hachiroku wrote:

>>> I can't. I'm too busy mixing spotted paint...

>> Go ahead, guys...burst my bubble...
>>
>> http://www.rustoleumaerosols.co.uk/a...aume9qj3ne4340

> fyi, when you post links like that, anything after the "?" can be
> deleted.
> <http://www.rustoleumaerosols.co.uk/aerosol/images/products/AE0070004E8.jpg>
> works just fine and doesn't contain the encrypted tracer that connects
> back to any browsing habits database of you and your now linked
> "associates" who also clicked it.

Thanks, jim! tucked away for future reference!

Old August 26th 11, 07:58 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair
hachiroku

On Fri, 26 Aug 2011 10:41:18 -0500, The Daring Dufas wrote:

> On 8/26/2011 8:55 AM, hls wrote:
>>
>> "Hachiroku" > wrote in message
>> eb.com...

>>> I can't. I'm too busy mixing spotted paint...
>>>

>> Honestly, a friend of mine DID make a spotted paint. It held together
>> during
>> storage, and sprayed or brushed on. He thought he would make a bunch of
>> money
>> on it but never did.

> Auto trunk interiors have been or were painted with it for years. :-)
>
> TDD

I think Krylon used to sell it but I couldn't find it. They also sell
"hammered" finish paint!

Old August 26th 11, 07:58 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair
hachiroku

On Fri, 26 Aug 2011 13:11:52 -0400, aemeijers wrote:

>>> eb.com...

>>> Honestly, a friend of mine DID make a spotted paint. It held together
>>> during
>>> storage, and sprayed or brushed on. He thought he would make a bunch of
>>> money
>>> on it but never did.

>> Were the spots round?

> What? Nobody makes plaid paint?
>
> (tip of the hat to the old Warner Brothers (I think) cartoon from the
> 40s, where they had a pseudo-science teacher going over the special
> abilities of various animals. they showed a chameleon happily changing
> to match various backgrounds, and then they shoved a swatch of plaid
> behind him, and he lost it. more hilarious to see than read about.)

What's worse, I remember that!

Old August 26th 11, 08:07 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair
micky

wrote:

>>> eb.com...

>>> Honestly, a friend of mine DID make a spotted paint. It held together
>>> during
>>> storage, and sprayed or brushed on. He thought he would make a bunch of
>>> money
>>> on it but never did.

>> Were the spots round?

>What? Nobody makes plaid paint?
>
>(tip of the hat to the old Warner Brothers (I think) cartoon from the
>40s, where they had a pseudo-science teacher going over the special
>abilities of various animals. they showed a chameleon happily changing
>to match various backgrounds, and then they shoved a swatch of plaid
>behind him, and he lost it. more hilarious to see than read about.)

I saw that cartoon. It is a good one. They don't make cartoons like
that anymore.

Plus, they use so few frames, one can notice that they are separate
frames. I would think with computers to help them, they could go
back to the number of fpm that Warner Bros. etc. used.
Old August 26th 11, 10:32 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair
hls

No, they were not.. The paint looked exactly the way those
spatter painted trunk surfaces looked in that era.
Old August 26th 11, 10:34 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair
hls

"Hachiroku" > wrote in message news:4e57ac2f$0$26199> Go
ahead, guys...burst my bubble...

> http://www.rustoleumaerosols.co.uk/a...aume9qj3ne4340

No bubble to burst.. There are a lot of "discoveries" that never make a
nickel.

My friend was tied to a particular supplier, without which his paint could
not be
made. He ended up with a line of tempura paints for kids.. Still didint
make any
money.

Old August 26th 11, 10:40 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair
[email protected]

On Fri, 26 Aug 2011 13:58:16 -0500, Hachiroku > wrote:

>On Fri, 26 Aug 2011 10:41:18 -0500, The Daring Dufas wrote:
>
>> On 8/26/2011 8:55 AM, hls wrote:
>>>
>>> "Hachiroku" > wrote in message
>>> eb.com...

>>> Honestly, a friend of mine DID make a spotted paint. It held together
>>> during
>>> storage, and sprayed or brushed on. He thought he would make a bunch of
>>> money
>>> on it but never did.

>> Auto trunk interiors have been or were painted with it for years. :-)
>>
>> TDD

>I think Krylon used to sell it but I couldn't find it. They also sell
>"hammered" finish paint!

And "crackle" finish, though I haven't seen it for some time.

I'll NEVER buy another VW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Rolf Gustafsen VW water cooled 46 October 9th 06 06:07 AM
And What Would You Buy? My Names Nobody Ford Mustang 4 July 6th 06 08:51 AM
Buy or not to buy 147 2.0 SS? HK Alfa Romeo 3 April 26th 06 07:55 PM
98 525 buy or not to buy BMW 2 February 3rd 05 12:36 AM
318i buy or not to buy Paul Williams BMW 1 December 1st 04 05:36 AM