How to get to 54.5 MPG

Old July 31st 11, 08:34 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Bob Urz

Default How to get to 54.5 MPG

http://www.designnews.com/author.asp...lysis_element&

bob
Old July 31st 11, 09:46 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
dsi1[_9_]

On 7/31/2011 9:34 AM, bob urz wrote:
> http://www.designnews.com/author.asp...lysis_element&
>

> bob

According to my master plan for world domination, we'll all be driving
electric cars in 2025 so this is not something that we'll have to worry
about. :-)
Old July 31st 11, 10:52 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
hls

"dsi1" > wrote in message
> On 7/31/2011 9:34 AM, bob urz wrote:
>> http://www.designnews.com/author.asp...lysis_element&
>>

>> bob

> According to my master plan for world domination, we'll all be driving
> electric cars in 2025 so this is not something that we'll have to worry
> about. :-)

I'll bet I wont ':>)

Old July 31st 11, 11:44 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
dsi1[_9_]

On 7/31/2011 11:52 AM, hls wrote:

> "dsi1" > wrote in message
>> On 7/31/2011 9:34 AM, bob urz wrote:
>>> http://www.designnews.com/author.asp...lysis_element&
>>>

>>> bob

>> According to my master plan for world domination, we'll all be driving
>> electric cars in 2025 so this is not something that we'll have to
>> worry about. :-)

> I'll bet I wont ':>)

You're on! The usual bet - $1? :-)
Old August 1st 11, 12:55 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
gregz

bob urz > wrote:
> http://www.designnews.com/author.asp...lysis_element&
>
> bob

They would have to do the obvious. Bypass the comfort, beauty, and power.
I have yet to see dimpling employed, golf ball sized dimples, saves 10%
gas.
Reduce speed. Reduce space. I already get in the high 30's milage on my
2001 cavalier. It's too big and too much power. It could easily get 55 mpg.

I also have an avalanche, products the govt promoted after they stopped
mandatory milage increases to bolster economy years ago.

Greg
Old August 1st 11, 02:55 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Bob Urz

On 7/31/2011 3:46 PM, dsi1 wrote:
> On 7/31/2011 9:34 AM, bob urz wrote:
>> http://www.designnews.com/author.asp...lysis_element&
>>

>> bob

> According to my master plan for world domination, we'll all be driving
> electric cars in 2025 so this is not something that we'll have to worry
> about. :-)

The perverted thing about plug in electric cars is the energy used
to charge them is somehow not considered in the equation of energy
independence for the USA.

This is brought to you by the same government that has essentially
outlawed screw in incandescent lamps for your home by the end of the year.

We have a nucum power plant surrounded by water here in Nebraska.
Stable source of power i guess....

Its a free country, as long as you tow the line....

bob
Old August 1st 11, 03:17 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
AMuzi

hls wrote:

> "dsi1" > wrote in message
>> On 7/31/2011 9:34 AM, bob urz wrote:
>>> http://www.designnews.com/author.asp...lysis_element&
>>>

>>> bob

>> According to my master plan for world domination, we'll all be driving
>> electric cars in 2025 so this is not something that we'll have to
>> worry about. :-)

> I'll bet I wont ':>)

Both my 1965 Chevys will be just fine in 2025 (even if I'm gone)

--
Andrew Muzi
<www.yellowjersey.org/>
Old August 1st 11, 03:33 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
hachiroku

On Sun, 31 Jul 2011 16:52:50 -0500, hls wrote:

> "dsi1" > wrote in message
>> On 7/31/2011 9:34 AM, bob urz wrote:
>>> http://www.designnews.com/author.asp...lysis_element&
>>>

>>> bob

>> According to my master plan for world domination, we'll all be driving
>> electric cars in 2025 so this is not something that we'll have to worry
>> about. :-)

> I'll bet I wont ':>)

What'll you be driving? Pinewood Derby car?

Old August 1st 11, 05:27 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Brent[_4_]

On 2011-07-31, bob urz > wrote:
> http://www.designnews.com/author.asp...lysis_element&

It will be done the way 55mph was achieved. Through government math.
There will be some special ways to measure mpg for at least some models.

It's really the only way other than inflation making CAFE penalties
pocket change.

Old August 1st 11, 05:31 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Brent[_4_]

On 2011-07-31, dsi1 > wrote:
> On 7/31/2011 9:34 AM, bob urz wrote:
>> http://www.designnews.com/author.asp...lysis_element&
>>

>> bob

> According to my master plan for world domination, we'll all be driving
> electric cars in 2025 so this is not something that we'll have to worry
> about. :-)

What do you mean "driving"? "We" won't be driving. That will be for
government people of sufficent rank and the wealthy only.

41 MPG city Fusion Hybrid more efficient than Camry Hybrid's 33 MPG [email protected] Technology 118 February 11th 09 02:51 PM
MPG GT[_1_] Alfa Romeo 0 July 2nd 07 01:52 PM
x5 mpg bt BMW 7 October 12th 06 03:13 AM
A4 2.4 MPG? Mo Audi 4 February 22nd 05 11:18 AM