Hit and Run Accident: Triggers a collision claim (since I had it),insurance premiums go up??

Old May 21st 05, 03:19 AM
Walter Michaels

Default Hit and Run Accident: Triggers a collision claim (since I had it),insurance premiums go up??

Aglue wrote:

> I was involved in a hit and run accident that totaled my civic. My
> carrier paid me $5,196 out of my collision insurance. I carry UMPD but
> they tell me that's used only as an "excess" coverage... meaning if I
> didn't have collision then they would use UMPD.
>
> NOW... I fear my insurance premiums are high and the quotes I get from
> other insurance companies are excessive because they see my collision
> claims history of $5,195. Even though my carrier codes this claims as
> "no-fault".. I fear my large collision claim is causing my premiums
> (and quotes from other companies) to be WAY high. At the end of the day
> I will have paid for my total loss to my car myself!
>
> The question of the day: Will a collision claim BY ITSELF, increase
> insurance premiums?
>
> Thanks!
> ag in D.C.

Of course they will go up. Until people stand up and complain
to your insurance commissioners, these deceptive practices
will continue. Don't rollover and lay down!

Complain! Complain! And complain about Homeland Security
keeping our borders open for "illegal" immigrants to enter
whenever they wish!

Walt