2001 A4 - Lost Ring Under Passenger Seat

Old April 14th 06, 08:43 PM posted to alt.autos.audi

Default 2001 A4 - Lost Ring Under Passenger Seat

This is going to sound a little strange but here goes...

Today my wife dropped her wedding ring while sitting in the passenger
seat of my car. It apparently fell onto the floor and rolled under
the seat. Well, 2 hours of searching like crazy, no luck finding the
thing.

Any suggestions on where it could possibly have ended up before I take
the car in to the dealership to get them to take the seat out and see
if anything happens to turn up?

Old April 14th 06, 11:55 PM posted to alt.autos.audi

Alternatively, if anyone could please provide me with instructions on
how to remove the seat, that would be much appreciated...

On Fri, 14 Apr 2006 15:43:26 -0400, Weener

Old April 15th 06, 01:35 AM posted to alt.autos.audi

Hi, I don't know if you have the Isofix system installed in these
seats, but that's an ideal place for something small to fall and get
lost.

Even if you don't have it, the inside of the seat (crack between
backrest and chair) is where I'd look at first. If you can't get to
"feel" most of the cavity by inserting your fingers, you can try taking
down the plastic cover of the back of the seat, then turn the seat
forward to look for the ring from behind.

I hope you find it!!

Old April 15th 06, 08:25 AM posted to alt.autos.audi

> wrote in message
ups.com...

> Hi, I don't know if you have the Isofix system installed in these
> seats, but that's an ideal place for something small to fall and get
> lost.
>
> Even if you don't have it, the inside of the seat (crack between
> backrest and chair) is where I'd look at first. If you can't get to
> "feel" most of the cavity by inserting your fingers, you can try taking
> down the plastic cover of the back of the seat, then turn the seat
> forward to look for the ring from behind.
>
> I hope you find it!!

but she was sitting on the seat and it fell onto the floor............how's
it gonna get through the gap between seat and back ?????

Old April 15th 06, 03:40 PM posted to alt.autos.audi

Weener wrote:
> This is going to sound a little strange but here goes...
>
> Today my wife dropped her wedding ring while sitting in the passenger
> seat of my car. It apparently fell onto the floor and rolled under
> the seat. Well, 2 hours of searching like crazy, no luck finding the
> thing.
>
> Any suggestions on where it could possibly have ended up before I take
> the car in to the dealership to get them to take the seat out and see
> if anything happens to turn up?

Look in the seat runner on the floorpan.
Old April 15th 06, 04:00 PM posted to alt.autos.audi

"Weener" > wrote in message
> This is going to sound a little strange but here goes...
>
> Today my wife dropped her wedding ring while sitting in the passenger
> seat of my car. It apparently fell onto the floor and rolled under
> the seat. Well, 2 hours of searching like crazy, no luck finding the
> thing.
>
> Any suggestions on where it could possibly have ended up before I take
> the car in to the dealership to get them to take the seat out and see
> if anything happens to turn up?

you sure its not a ploy.........she aint hankering for a new
one............now remember has she made any hints over the last few
months.............

Old April 16th 06, 01:01 AM posted to alt.autos.audi

OK, no luck so far but I haven't gotten around to pulling out the seat
and carpets yet.

Someone on the Audiworld Forum mentioned that it could possibly have
rolled into the HVAC vent under the seat. If this did happen, what
are my odds of finding the !@*&^ thing again and how much work would
it be to get to it?

Old April 16th 06, 02:52 AM posted to alt.autos.audi

On Sat, 15 Apr 2006 20:01:34 -0400, Weener
> wrote:

>OK, no luck so far but I haven't gotten around to pulling out the seat
>and carpets yet.
>
>Someone on the Audiworld Forum mentioned that it could possibly have
>rolled into the HVAC vent under the seat. If this did happen, what
>are my odds of finding the !@*&^ thing again and how much work would
>it be to get to it?
>
>On Fri, 14 Apr 2006 15:43:26 -0400, Weener
> wrote:
>
>>This is going to sound a little strange but here goes...

Hmm....Seems to me that vent faces the rear seats, doesn't seem very likely
that a ring dropped from the shotgun seat could end up in the duct work.

Otoh, there's at least a slot cut near the bottom of the door, and then
there's the seat tracks themselves, and if your A4 has the cupholders under
the center armrest it could be in there, and I think there may be a couple of
holes through the carpet into the floor structure under the seat as well.

Removing the standard power seats appears to be dead simple - with a catch:
there's only two bolts, covered with cap finishers, to remove, then there's a
spring to unclip, and if the seat is heated, you have to undo the wire for the
heater. The catch is the airbag circuit needs to be dummied up - at least
according to the Bentley manual - with an adapter that plugs into a wiring
block - until the seat is reinstalled...
Old April 23rd 06, 03:19 PM posted to alt.autos.audi

"Weener" > wrote in message
> This is going to sound a little strange but here goes...
>
> Today my wife dropped her wedding ring while sitting in the passenger
> seat of my car. It apparently fell onto the floor and rolled under
> the seat. Well, 2 hours of searching like crazy, no luck finding the
> thing.
>
> Any suggestions on where it could possibly have ended up before I take
> the car in to the dealership to get them to take the seat out and see
> if anything happens to turn up?

so have you found it.............your wife's ring