program keyless entry for Honda Odyssey

Old November 9th 05, 10:27 PM
8

Default program keyless entry for Honda Odyssey

Hi,

I lost my key chain, so did the keyless entry for Honda Odyssey. I
ordered a keyless entry from eBay. It didn't come up instruction. I
called the three local dealers. They told me it would cost me at least
1 hour to re-program it. I think it is a typical rip-off, before the
Honda main office once told me it should only take 5 min. However, the
main office didn't have the instruction, but local dealer had it. So I
am trapped.

Some eBay sellers ship the keyless entry with the instruction,
unfortunately not mine. Does anyone there have the instruction? Please
share it with me. I can be contacted at

Thank you very much,

Charlie

Old November 9th 05, 11:29 PM
Gordon McGrew

What year is your Ody? I reprogrammed my '98 using instructions from
the dealer when I bought the remote. (Bought the car used and it only
came with one remote. Max usable is two.) The procedure is obscure
but it sure didn't take an hour. With practice I bet it could be done
in under a minute.

Old November 10th 05, 05:04 AM
8

My Ody is 2003.

Thanks for your response.

Old November 10th 05, 06:05 PM
Mike S.

In article .com>,
8 > wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I lost my key chain, so did the keyless entry for Honda Odyssey. I
>ordered a keyless entry from eBay. It didn't come up instruction. I
>called the three local dealers. They told me it would cost me at least
>1 hour to re-program it. I think it is a typical rip-off, before the
>Honda main office once told me it should only take 5 min. However, the
>main office didn't have the instruction, but local dealer had it. So I
>am trapped.
>
>Some eBay sellers ship the keyless entry with the instruction,
>unfortunately not mine. Does anyone there have the instruction? Please
>share it with me. I can be contacted at
>
>Thank you very much,
>
>Charlie

NOTES:

- For steps 2 through 12 below, each step must be completed within 5
seconds. For step 13, within 10 seconds for each remote.
- Up to four remotes can be stored in memory.
- All remotes to be programmed must be on hand.
- A non programmed remote will work for this procedure.
- Turn the ignition key to the OFF position to complete the programming
procedure.

STEPS:

1. Disarm the security system.
2. Turn the ignition key to the ON position.
3. Press the LOCK or UNLOCK button on the remote control transmitter.
4. Turn the ignition key to the OFF position.
5. Turn the ignition key to the ON position.
6. Press the LOCK or UNLOCK button on the remote control transmitter.
7. Turn the ignition key to the OFF position.
8. Turn the ignition key to the ON position.
9. Press the LOCK or UNLOCK button on the remote control transmitter.
10. Turn the ignition key to the OFF position.
11. Turn the ignition key to the ON position.
12. Press the LOCK or UNLOCK button on the remote control transmitter.

- The power door locks cycle to indicate programming mode.
- The Status LED illuminates simultaneously for 1 second.
- To terminate the programming mode at this point, either turn the ignition
key to the OFF position or leave the remote's button untouched for over 10
seconds. To program the remote, perform steps 2 through 12.

13. Press the LOCK button of each remote (one at a time) to be stored in
memory.

- The power door locks cycle to confirm each entry.
- The Status LED illuminates simultaneously for 1 second.
- A button on each remote control transmitter to be programmed must be
pressed. Perform the programming step within 10 seconds for each remote or
else the programming mode will terminate.

Old November 10th 05, 08:32 PM
8

> NOTES:
>
> - For steps 2 through 12 below, each step must be completed within 5
> seconds. For step 13, within 10 seconds for each remote.
> - Up to four remotes can be stored in memory.
> - All remotes to be programmed must be on hand.
> - A non programmed remote will work for this procedure.
> - Turn the ignition key to the OFF position to complete the programming
> procedure.
>
> STEPS:
>
> 1. Disarm the security system.
> 2. Turn the ignition key to the ON position.
> 3. Press the LOCK or UNLOCK button on the remote control transmitter.
> 4. Turn the ignition key to the OFF position.
> 5. Turn the ignition key to the ON position.
> 6. Press the LOCK or UNLOCK button on the remote control transmitter.
> 7. Turn the ignition key to the OFF position.
> 8. Turn the ignition key to the ON position.
> 9. Press the LOCK or UNLOCK button on the remote control transmitter.
> 10. Turn the ignition key to the OFF position.
> 11. Turn the ignition key to the ON position.
> 12. Press the LOCK or UNLOCK button on the remote control transmitter.
>
> - The power door locks cycle to indicate programming mode.
> - The Status LED illuminates simultaneously for 1 second.
> - To terminate the programming mode at this point, either turn the ignition
> key to the OFF position or leave the remote's button untouched for over 10
> seconds. To program the remote, perform steps 2 through 12.
>
> 13. Press the LOCK button of each remote (one at a time) to be stored in
> memory.
>
> - The power door locks cycle to confirm each entry.
> - The Status LED illuminates simultaneously for 1 second.
> - A button on each remote control transmitter to be programmed must be
> pressed. Perform the programming step within 10 seconds for each remote or
> else the programming mode will terminate.

Hi, this is wonderful. I will try it tonight.
I have one more question. How to disarm the security system? I never
turned it off.

Thank you so much.

Old November 10th 05, 09:47 PM
'Curly Q. Links'

8 wrote:
<SNIP>

> Hi, this is wonderful. I will try it tonight.
> I have one more question. How to disarm the security system? I never
> turned it off.
>
> Thank you so much.

-------------------------------

Use the remote that you didn't loose. We know you still have one working
remote or you would have bought TWO off eBay.

Otherwise, the dealer is correct . . .You probably have to take it to
them, possibly behind a tow truck, right?

You didn't mention how you're going to replace the transponder key, and
get it reprogrammed . . As far as I can see that's a 'dealer only'
function on a North American '03. I just bought a couple transponder
keys off eBay, but still have to go to the dealer to get them 'enrolled'
to the vehicle. I'll also have them cut 'by the numbers' so they will be
perfect clones of the factory keys.

'Curly'
Old November 11th 05, 04:45 AM
8