1st gen 3.5 LHS (1996) cooling

Old September 11th 08, 02:06 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Bill Putney

Default 1st gen 3.5 LHS (1996) cooling

Did that come from an Alldata account? If so, it should also give you
access to the schematic right out of the FSM.

Bill Putney
address with the letter 'x')

Old September 11th 08, 02:11 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
rob

update. new fans working much better. new ones from local dealer were
700.00 bucks! i went parts jobber and got them for 254. now the only issue
is a short in the high side. jumping it only turns on the low side fan so
i'll need to do some wire searching tomorrow night.

ng.com...

Old September 11th 08, 02:39 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
rob

yeah there's an updated TSB on the wiring diagram
NUMBER: 26-10-95A

i can email it to you if you want.....

also found Cooling Fan - Noise/Poor Idle Quality
NO: 18-20-96

Old September 13th 08, 06:23 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Steve[_1_]

I don't think its actually detailed in the FSM (Rob posted a very good
verbal description from alldata in a subsequent post). I figured out
what was going on with a DVM and some experimentation when my wife's car
suffered its first fan motor casualty a few years back.

Old September 13th 08, 06:25 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Steve[_1_]

rob wrote:
> update. new fans working much better. new ones from local dealer were
> 700.00 bucks! i went parts jobber and got them for 254.

Well, now I don't feel so bad about paying $280 (tax and shipping
included) for my new module. It does still cheese me off that I can't
still get a replacement passenger-side motor like I did the first time I
had problems years ago. Everywhere I went they had plenty of DRIVER side
motors- but in my experience they never fail. The original one on wife's
93 was still working fine.

Old September 13th 08, 11:19 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
rob

254.00 for mine at CARQUEST. everyone else i called could get them in 3
days, but that does help me get back and forth to work.

WARNING! they and a lot of other parts dealers carry DORMAN? fans now and i
was told this is a new product for them. i got my new one and it worked for
about a day and half. the connections to the high side fan (drivers side)
was loose all the time and the passenger side fan was doing all the work,
but then it got to the point it got hot and stopped working. the parts guy
that originally sold it to me said they have an issue with their quality
from time to time (duhhhh) but its lifetime warranted. so out it came and
back for another. works fine now.

also the parts guy at my local Chrysler told me he could maybe get me a
right side motor if i needed one but there was only 7 or 8 left, and they
would be about a week or 2 coming, and no guarantees on that. also he said
they superseded it with the full unit (both fans and shroud) since they were
only selling about 5 right side motors a year and that was nationwide!