Why all the cracked heads, oil burning,etc. here?

Old March 28th 05, 07:04 AM
Philip Nasadowski

In article <YXg1e.16427$aS5.5725@trndny05>,
"David Teichholtz" > wrote:

> 1. I have been reading news groups since circa 1990 and I have never seen so
> many narratives of woe with such similar details. The writing style is also
> similar in most of them. I'm curious as to how these narratives were
> collected. I know that people don't send me such stories out of the blue.

Me neither. I never get unsolicited saturn horror stories sent to me.
I must not be special. *shrug*.

> 2. Why do you hate Saturns so much? Were you and/or a relative affected by
> a Saturn failure?

His wife impaled herself on a Saturn gearshift lever. Pretty rough to
have your wife leave you for a piece of plastic, not to mention one that
doesn't even vibrate...

> 3. What is your purpose of posting with these stories? Trying to hurt
> Saturn sales? Don't bother, Saturn has done that all by themselves by
> dropping the SL series and introducing the Ion.

He got tired of trying tell us how he knows better than the national
electric code (even though he's clueless about it), thus instead of
stories about failed electric wiring, it's stories about failed Saturns.

> 4. I have a 95 SW1. Bought it with 135K miles, now has 185K miles on it.
> Most dependable car I have ever owned. I don't think I have put $200 into it
> other than oil changes and adding oil. My only complaint is really the oil
> consumption.

*sigh* what am I doing wrong? My Saturn doesn't burn oil. I feel so
left out

> Hmmm, well I guess that is more than a couple of things, but ya know what
> they say: There are three kinds of people in the world, those who can count,
> and those who can't.

No, there are 10 types of people in the world, those who know binary,
those who don't.
Old March 28th 05, 09:39 PM
Scott MacIntyre

Wow - you can Google....You know of course, that somebody can find something
with every car....I'm sure somebody can dig up the horror stories on the web
like these with every manufacturer of most products - not just cars - Gimme
a break...

I am not a Saturn lover nor hater....I have a 5speed 94 SL2 that was given
to me with 120K miles 3 years ago. Now has 170K. Yes - it goes through a
little oil, drips a little water on my left arm in the rain, (through what a
suspect is a leak in the Sunroof), but oh well - As long as it passes
inspection and doesn't leave it on the floor in the garage, one quart
between changes doesn't kill me. Fixes to the car I've done are a starter,
new tires and brakes. As I said, I don't love it or hate it as it's my
commuter car and it does a good job getting me from home to job and back.
It get's parked in the garage next to my F150 Lariat - Now we can talk about
love...

Scott