Re-occurring P1135 engine code on Miata 2000 above 4000 RPM

Old July 3rd 07, 01:54 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
S K

Default Re-occurring P1135 engine code on Miata 2000 above 4000 RPM --...

A good smog test AND repair center that you might know and trust may be
your best bet

Old July 3rd 07, 05:34 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
BRUCE HASKIN

Well, I can feel your pain for having a problem. BUT, I can't feel the
the same pain that you have for a "dealer" that somehow people run into.
I live in Seattle WA. One of the dealers we have here is the "First"
dealer for Mazda in the US. I had a head gasket problem on my '91. It
was 1994 and way out of time and milage, but they replaced it. 4 years
(yes 4 years) later, it started to leak again. I took it in and after
they had the car for 2 days, ( a free loaner car to me ) they said that
they would relplace the gasket at no charge. Sooooooo, you see, it is
hard for me to think all dealer service is bad.

I hope you can find a dealer that will treat you well and fix your
problems.

Bruce Bing '03 LS

Old August 25th 08, 07:07 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
dnshft

> GUEST wrote:
> I have replaced the front heated oxygen sensor with a Mazda new

unit to
> fix a fault consistent with the P1135 indicator and I have cleared

the
> engine code/CEL. However, whenever I wind up the engine above 4000

RPMs,
> the engine light, the P1135 code and 2 sensor indicators (whatever

that
> is) come up up again. I have searched the net for equivalent

failure
> modes and I can find some cases when this has occurred, but it

appears
> that people have not posted the subsequent solution. The engine

does not
> run rough at all at any RPM and there is no lost of engine power.

The
> P1135 code is the only one that gets triggered. This is a bit

confusing,
> since other failures associated with the coil, etc. triggered other

> codes in some of the web postings I have read.
>
> Is this an indicator of problems in the VICS, the coil pack, the
> EGR/ducting or what? Unless the new Mazda OEM front O2 sensor is

also
> bad, I think the P1135 indicator is a mis-mapping of some other

fault
> cause.
>
> Thanks for any help or follow on discussion.
>
> Zoom, zoom, zoom. :-\
>
> Roland
> (original owner Miata 2000 SE, 48,000 miles, one year old NGK plugs

and
> cables, good battery, everything else is original)

Rha: I am
currently having the same problem. Just purchased a 2000 Miata
and I got two codes last week, a PO300 and P1135. Fixed the plug
wiring
and no more PO300, but I can't keep the car from showing a P1135 once
I go WOT. It appears to be the same problems you were having back in
'07. I am curious on if you found a final diagnosis, was it a bad
ground? I've replaced the plugs and plug wires. 'm tempted to just
take it in to the miata dealer but will be getting my hands on a jack
next week so I think I'll wait to look at the rear O2 sensor wiring.
Let me know if you have any input. Thanks for your time.

2000 Accord LX, Check Engine Code P1167 frank777 Honda 7 April 18th 07 01:30 AM
2000 Acord LX Engine Light code P1457 frank777 Honda 5 February 8th 07 01:02 AM
p1135 code aeon13 Technology 4 March 2nd 06 01:15 AM
2000 Miata - Check Engine Light - OUTCOME Carol Mazda 3 November 20th 05 02:47 AM
2000 Miata - Check Engine Light Carol Mazda 13 November 13th 05 08:56 PM