91 power windows

Old November 8th 04, 09:52 PM
srv

Default 91 power windows

RikiTikiTavi,

Does your 91 rear power windows use a cable mechanism (instead of a gear)
to operate the window? If so, can you give me some idea as to how to
remove the motor from the cable?

Thanks

Old November 8th 04, 10:06 PM
srv

RikiTikiTavi,

Does your 91 Explorer rear power window operate with a gear mechanism or a
cable? My 94 uses a cable mechanism and I can't figure out how to remove
the motor from the cable mechanism. If yours is a cable any input would be
appreciated

Thanks

Old November 10th 04, 02:21 AM
Ulysses

Yea, I could use some help fixing the driver's door handle. I think the
broken driver's door handle is a Ford Trademark.

"RikiTikiTavi" > wrote in message
> "srv" >
>
> If anyone wants to know how to replace the driver's door handle pull bar
> that is a common broken problem, let me know. I just did that myself.

Not

Old November 22nd 04, 04:30 AM
AZGuy

:

>> Yea, I could use some help fixing the driver's door handle. I think the
>> broken driver's door handle is a Ford Trademark.
>>

>> "RikiTikiTavi" > wrote in message
>>> "srv" >
>>>
>>> If anyone wants to know how to replace the driver's door handle pull bar
>>> that is a common broken problem, let me know. I just did that myself.

>> Not
>>> hard.
>>>
>>> -- Riki
>>> --Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.
>>>

>visit us at: www.1aauto.com
>Direct line 978-433-4150
>Order line 888-844-3393
>
>1A Auto
>2 Lomar Park Drive Unit# 3
>Pepperell, MA 01463
>

>It's about $24 now, I paid about 21 a year or so ago.
>
>Be very careful when you install it with those plastic pins on the new
>handle. They're very brittle.
>
>I broke about 7 of them off. I had to open the holes and make them bigger
>on the supplied lock clamps so I wouldn't have to force them down so hard
>and break the pins.
>
>I ended up having to put a small metal screw with two washers through one
>part, drilled through the door panel and new handle assy to hold it secure.
>I used a Sharpie magic marker and colored it black and it blends in and
>isn't noticible.
>
>The door panel comes off very easily. There are two screws in the door
>handle assy and maybe one other in another place. Use a big screwdriver to
>pry off the door panel.
>
>The original handle is hot-melted-plastic riveted in place so you'll have
>to drill them all out, about 15 of them? to break loose the old handle
>assy and to install the new one.
>
>The new handle assy's little plastic pins should fit into all the new
>holes. Don't FORCE them! They're brittle.

You can also just melt the pins on the new part to hold the whole
thing together just like on the original. It's actually better to do
it that way because the pins wind up (at least they did on mine till I
melted them down) interfering with the rest of the door panel making
the new part not want to lay flat. You can melt them down with a
soldering iron or heat a screwdriver blade with a propane torch.
--
Elbridge Gerry, of Massachusetts:

"What, sir, is the use of militia? It is to prevent the
establishment of a standing army, the bane of liberty. . .
Whenever Government means to invade the rights and liberties of
the people, they always attempt to destroy the militia, in order
to raise a standing army upon its ruins." -- Debate, U.S. House
of Representatives, August 17, 1789

'94 Jetta Doors Unlock and Windows roll down dave VW water cooled 2 January 11th 05 04:33 AM
eScrew [email protected] Driving 0 December 20th 04 10:52 AM
funny story about autos.tech [email protected] Technology 5 December 19th 04 10:50 PM
Power Windows ('98 A6) Question eBob.com Audi 1 June 8th 04 02:20 AM