63 Chrysler 300 Prestolite Distributor Parts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 15th 04, 04:18 PM
Daniel J. Stern

Default 63 Chrysler 300 Prestolite Distributor Parts

On Sat, 15 May 2004, RM wrote:

> Anyone know where I can purchase a vacuum advance for a Prestolite Dual
> Point distributor that was used on 63 Chrysler 300 Convertible with the 413
> engine??

The Prestolite (was called "Auto-Lite" in those days) distributor changed
*very* little from the mid '50s through the late '60s in terms of physical
construction detail, so physical interchangeability on this vacuum pot is
large. On many of the distributor vacuum advance pot's cap can be removed
by unscrewing it, and the spring and spacer changed to alter the
calibration of the unit. A few of these units show up on Ebay:

Item 2478121108 (if this exact one won't work for you, it looks like the
guy has many more)

Item 7902094108

DS

The HEMI Luke Smith 4x4 14 January 3rd 05 04:31 AM
Question about Chrysler Infinity Radios HachiRoku Dodge 2 August 16th 04 12:17 AM
2004 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Bob Dodge 5 April 25th 04 03:47 AM