turbo engine pics

Old December 30th 04, 08:59 AM
pws

Default turbo engine pics

Here are a few engine pics from my latest car. There is quite a bit of
room to work in there since there is no A/C, power steering, cruise
control, etc. Even the windshield reservoir tank has been removed to
make room for aftermarket parts. My '96M had the reservoir relocated to
the lower driver side front inside the bumber area because of the ABS. I
am going to give that a shot on this car and see if it works, all of the
mounting hardware from the "M" looks like it will fit on this car. Then,
(hopefully), I can run the longer 1996 tubing up to the hood nozzles.

http://home.austin.rr.com/sheltonser...carengine.html

Pat
'91 red
Old December 31st 04, 03:52 PM
pws

Mike wrote:
> Looks like a nice clean install Pat! I bet it runs like a r@ped ape too! You
> done good!

Thanks,
but I didn't do the install. I was lucky enough to find someone who was
moving overseas just as he was finishing it up. It is fast, but the
boost is set fairly low right now. It has the potential for roughly 400
hp, but I would need to build up the engine with forged pistons,
connecting rods, etc. I will probably never go to that extreme.

Pat
Old December 31st 04, 04:46 PM
Chris D'Agnolo

Nice, nice!

Chris
92BB&T

Old December 31st 04, 06:23 PM
Mike

I have been following your 96M demise and this purchase. I knew you bought
it that way. And with that said....it looks like it would be a blast to
drive! ;-) I would keep the boost down and enjoy it as is myself. I can't
imagine how quick redlines would come even with the boost you have now.

Old January 1st 05, 12:48 AM
Leon van Dommelen

pws > wrote:

>Mike wrote:
>> Looks like a nice clean install Pat! I bet it runs like a r@ped ape too! You
>> done good!
>>

>Thanks,
>but I didn't do the install. I was lucky enough to find someone who was
>moving overseas just as he was finishing it up. It is fast, but the
>boost is set fairly low right now. It has the potential for roughly 400
>hp, but I would need to build up the engine with forged pistons,
>connecting rods, etc. I will probably never go to that extreme.

It would certainly eliminate the need for shifting.

Leon

http://www.dommelen.net/miata
EXIT THE INTERSTATES (Jamie Jensen)