error code 42...

Old June 5th 06, 04:43 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Default error code 42...

My '97 grand cherokee has error code 42 using the key method. There are no
codes using my scan tool. Haines says this is something like '5v not
detected from ASD relay" whatever that means. I have replaced the asd
relay, but the code returned again. Any ideas?? I have had some ignition
problems occasionally. Turn the key, the dashboard lights normally, but the
starter will not turn. Release the key and try again, and the starter
turns/engages normally and the engine starts. Could the asd relay error have
something to do with a faulty ignition switch? Are these separate problems?
thanks
cal

Old June 5th 06, 04:45 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

clarify the starter problem....
it's not a bendix problem. The starter does not run at all on first try
occasionally. Usually releasing the key and trying the starter again works.

cal

. ..