Cheapest Rental Car Agency

Old May 9th 06, 01:13 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

Default Cheapest Rental Car Agency

What Rental Car Agency offers the lowest rates for an economy car. 1
week, full coverage insurance.

Dollar, Budget, or Thrifty maybe.

+++

Old May 9th 06, 01:26 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

"Airman" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> What Rental Car Agency offers the lowest rates for an economy car. 1
> week, full coverage insurance.
>
> Dollar, Budget, or Thrifty maybe.

Rent-A-Wreck. (used car rentals). I don't know about the insurance cost
though. When we had to rent a Hyundai something or other economy car for a
week recently (due to unexpected car problems at the worst possible time), I
called my wife's insurance agent for her car that she owns. I was informed
that any car she drove would be fully covered, have the same insurance as
the car she owns. So we didn't have to buy insurance from the rental car
company. -Dave

Old May 11th 06, 01:40 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

In article .com>,
"Airman" > wrote:

> What Rental Car Agency offers the lowest rates for an economy car. 1
> week, full coverage insurance.
>
> Dollar, Budget, or Thrifty maybe.

This depends on where you need to rent the car, when and where you
intend to drop it off, and how long you plan to borrow the car.

Shop around. Check travel related web sites such as
http://www.orbitz.com and http://www.travelocity.com to name just two.
Rental agencies vary their rates every day and an agency that has the
cheapest rates in one area may have the highest rates elsewhere.
After you find a good deal, check the rental sites for the cheapest
agencies to see if you can get a lower rate directly through the agency.
Old May 12th 06, 12:54 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

Airman wrote:
> What Rental Car Agency offers the lowest rates for an economy car. 1
> week, full coverage insurance.
>
> Dollar, Budget, or Thrifty maybe.
>

> +++

The prices vary widely by location and time of day. I've happened on
to great deals from Enterprise the last couple of trips. No way to
make a blanket statement unless you want to rent used cars.

Chrysler 300C rental car in Canada? Uwe Schwertfeger Chrysler 22 January 6th 05 10:15 PM
4wd rental in Hawaii? John Davies Jeep 5 December 24th 04 03:59 AM
Insurance question - rental car Joe General 2 March 19th 04 12:57 AM