Honda vs Toyota ??

Old May 28th 05, 04:24 AM
Steve Bigelow

"Jason" > wrote in message
> In article >, SoCalMike
> > wrote:
>
>> Jason wrote:
>> > theory but it seems to make sense. What's your opinion on this subject.

>> generally makes sense, especially after a major platform change like the
>> civic just had.

> Hello,
> There are exceptions to every rule. For example, my '99 Accord is the
> second generation--not the third.

Second generation of what?
My 91 is _fourth_ generations of Accords...

Old May 28th 05, 05:22 AM

> the platform and drivetrains were pretty much carried over, though.
> werent they?

I would say, NO!

The 1.8 L engine was new. The auto tranny was new. The chassis was
also considerably bigger than the first gen Integra.

Old May 28th 05, 06:47 AM
SoCalMike

Jason wrote:
> In article >, SoCalMike
> > wrote:
>

>>Jason wrote:
>>
>>>theory but it seems to make sense. What's your opinion on this subject.

>>generally makes sense, especially after a major platform change like the
>>civic just had.

> Hello,
> There are exceptions to every rule. For example, my '99 Accord is the
> second generation--not the third. It's an exception to the rule since the
> engine and related transmission was first used in the 1996 Acura CL. This
> means that the engine and transmission in my 99 Accord was used three
> years before it was placed in the 99 Accords. That's why I was not
> concerned about it since I knew any defects found in the engine and
> transmission were repaired before it was placed in my car.

so the V6 version of the 96 acura and 99 accord didnt have any auto
tranny probs?
Old May 28th 05, 07:17 PM
Jason

In article >, SoCalMike
> wrote:

> Jason wrote:
> > In article >, SoCalMike
> > > wrote:

> >>generally makes sense, especially after a major platform change like the
> >>civic just had.

> > Hello,
> > There are exceptions to every rule. For example, my '99 Accord is the
> > second generation--not the third. It's an exception to the rule since the
> > engine and related transmission was first used in the 1996 Acura CL. This
> > means that the engine and transmission in my 99 Accord was used three
> > years before it was placed in the 99 Accords. That's why I was not
> > concerned about it since I knew any defects found in the engine and
> > transmission were repaired before it was placed in my car.
> >

> so the V6 version of the 96 acura and 99 accord didnt have any auto
> tranny probs?

There are exceptions to every rule. I agree--Honda should have solved this
problem before they put that same defective transmission in the 99 Honda
Accord 6 cyld. cars. Honda dropped the ball. My neighbor has a 99 Honda 6
cyld. Accord. I have not told them about the problem since it would just
cause them to worry. Do you know whether or not Honda is replacing those
transmissions for free? if so, I will tell them in case their transmission
develops problems. I am glad that I have the 4 cyld. version of the same
car instead of the 6 cyld.

--
NEWSGROUP SUBSCRIBERS MOTTO
We do NOT respect the subscribers that enjoy criticizing people.

Old May 28th 05, 08:47 PM
jim beam

Jason wrote:
> In article >, SoCalMike
> > wrote:
>

>>Jason wrote:

>>>Hello,
>>>There are exceptions to every rule. For example, my '99 Accord is the
>>>second generation--not the third. It's an exception to the rule since the
>>>engine and related transmission was first used in the 1996 Acura CL. This
>>>means that the engine and transmission in my 99 Accord was used three
>>>years before it was placed in the 99 Accords. That's why I was not
>>>concerned about it since I knew any defects found in the engine and
>>>transmission were repaired before it was placed in my car.
>>>

>>so the V6 version of the 96 acura and 99 accord didnt have any auto
>>tranny probs?

> There are exceptions to every rule. I agree--Honda should have solved this
> problem before they put that same defective transmission in the 99 Honda
> Accord 6 cyld. cars. Honda dropped the ball. My neighbor has a 99 Honda 6
> cyld. Accord. I have not told them about the problem since it would just
> cause them to worry. Do you know whether or not Honda is replacing those
> transmissions for free? if so, I will tell them in case their transmission
> develops problems. I am glad that I have the 4 cyld. version of the same
> car instead of the 6 cyld.

which about the same time honda took the decision to drop all hatchbacks
here in the u.s., make the civic macpherson strut and adopt red rear
turn signal lenses - one of the DUMBEST things i have ever seen. oh,
and make the accord have twin pipes coming out of the rear despite the
fact that there's only pipe coming under the car.

whatever my pet peeves, honda have come under a lot of criticism from
the financial analysts for their civic decison - it basically handed the
substantial "enthusiast" market to subaru on a plate with
correspondingly disasterous drops in sales. when's the last time you
saw an rsx, the macpherson "integra"? and toyota have taken a lot of
honda's family sedan market because of the transmission problems you cite.

honda used to be run by car enthusiasts. now, it seems to be run by
bean counters who think cosmetic garbage and engineering short cuts are
the way to make money. wrong honda, wrong. that's ford/g.m.'s game. i
used to buy honda because they were well made, well engineered, sporty
little cars. if i was in the market for a new car today, i'd buy toyota
or nissan. or subaru.

Old May 29th 05, 05:52 PM
Jason

In article >, "Elmo P.
Shagnasty" > wrote:

> In article >,
> jim beam > wrote:
>
> > honda used to be run by car enthusiasts. now, it seems to be run by
> > bean counters who think cosmetic garbage and engineering short cuts are
> > the way to make money.

> I agree. The last 10 years have seen way too many dumb decisions come
> from Honda.
>
> I love Honda, but I honestly believe--today--that Toyota provides a
> better value.
>
> Honda had better get back on the stick.

I think that we can all agree that Honda and Toyota both make cars that
are far superior to any of the cars made my GM and Ford.

Old May 29th 05, 11:23 PM
SoCalMike

Jason wrote:
> I think that we can all agree that Honda and Toyota both make cars that
> are far superior to any of the cars made my GM and Ford.

or chrysler, whos biggest seller is the bloated pimpmobile 300. do they
offer a vinyl roof kit and whitewalls for that thing yet?
Old May 29th 05, 11:59 PM
S.S.

SoCalMike wrote:

> Jason wrote:
>> I think that we can all agree that Honda and Toyota both make cars that
>> are far superior to any of the cars made my GM and Ford.

> or chrysler, whos biggest seller is the bloated pimpmobile 300. do they
> offer a vinyl roof kit and whitewalls for that thing yet?

Pimpmobile is an accurate term. It looks like a Cadillac.
Old May 30th 05, 02:47 AM
Pars

"jim beam" > wrote in message

> > There are exceptions to every rule. I agree--Honda should have solved

this
> > problem before they put that same defective transmission in the 99 Honda
> > Accord 6 cyld. cars. Honda dropped the ball. My neighbor has a 99 Honda

6
> > cyld. Accord. I have not told them about the problem since it would just
> > cause them to worry. Do you know whether or not Honda is replacing those
> > transmissions for free? if so, I will tell them in case their

transmission
> > develops problems. I am glad that I have the 4 cyld. version of the same
> > car instead of the 6 cyld.
> >

> which about the same time honda took the decision to drop all hatchbacks
> here in the u.s., make the civic macpherson strut and adopt red rear
> turn signal lenses - one of the DUMBEST things i have ever seen. oh,
> and make the accord have twin pipes coming out of the rear despite the
> fact that there's only pipe coming under the car.
>
> whatever my pet peeves, honda have come under a lot of criticism from
> the financial analysts for their civic decison - it basically handed the
> substantial "enthusiast" market to subaru on a plate with
> correspondingly disasterous drops in sales. when's the last time you
> saw an rsx, the macpherson "integra"? and toyota have taken a lot of
> honda's family sedan market because of the transmission problems you cite.
>
> honda used to be run by car enthusiasts. now, it seems to be run by
> bean counters who think cosmetic garbage and engineering short cuts are
> the way to make money. wrong honda, wrong. that's ford/g.m.'s game. i
> used to buy honda because they were well made, well engineered, sporty
> little cars. if i was in the market for a new car today, i'd buy toyota
> or nissan. or subaru.

Here's an article I wrote 3 years ago that flowed the same thread.

Too bad...what happened to the days when the Civic was all about an
automobile
that was derived from racing inspired genes. Don't the car company know that
the been counters are only about the short term profit?? BMW, Mercedes, GM
are
the kind of car company that are
careful about protecting their roots. New roots are going to have be grown,
and
since cars are generally alot more reliable when compared to the past, it
shouldn't be difficult for a car company like Hyundai to build something
sporting and economical that only cost about 12k. All they have to do is
copy
the CRX.

Pars

Old May 30th 05, 03:34 AM
jim beam

Pars wrote:
> "jim beam" > wrote in message
>

>>>There are exceptions to every rule. I agree--Honda should have solved

> this
>
>>>problem before they put that same defective transmission in the 99 Honda
>>>Accord 6 cyld. cars. Honda dropped the ball. My neighbor has a 99 Honda

> 6
>
>>>cyld. Accord. I have not told them about the problem since it would just
>>>cause them to worry. Do you know whether or not Honda is replacing those
>>>transmissions for free? if so, I will tell them in case their

> transmission
>
>>>develops problems. I am glad that I have the 4 cyld. version of the same
>>>car instead of the 6 cyld.
>>>

>>which about the same time honda took the decision to drop all hatchbacks
>>here in the u.s., make the civic macpherson strut and adopt red rear
>>turn signal lenses - one of the DUMBEST things i have ever seen. oh,
>>and make the accord have twin pipes coming out of the rear despite the
>>fact that there's only pipe coming under the car.
>>
>>whatever my pet peeves, honda have come under a lot of criticism from
>>the financial analysts for their civic decison - it basically handed the
>>substantial "enthusiast" market to subaru on a plate with
>>correspondingly disasterous drops in sales. when's the last time you
>>saw an rsx, the macpherson "integra"? and toyota have taken a lot of
>>honda's family sedan market because of the transmission problems you cite.
>>
>>honda used to be run by car enthusiasts. now, it seems to be run by
>>bean counters who think cosmetic garbage and engineering short cuts are
>>the way to make money. wrong honda, wrong. that's ford/g.m.'s game. i
>>used to buy honda because they were well made, well engineered, sporty
>>little cars. if i was in the market for a new car today, i'd buy toyota
>>or nissan. or subaru.

> Here's an article I wrote 3 years ago that flowed the same thread.
>

> Too bad...what happened to the days when the Civic was all about an
> automobile
> that was derived from racing inspired genes. Don't the car company know that
> the been counters are only about the short term profit?? BMW, Mercedes, GM
> are
> the kind of car company that are
> careful about protecting their roots. New roots are going to have be grown,
> and
> since cars are generally alot more reliable when compared to the past, it
> shouldn't be difficult for a car company like Hyundai to build something
> sporting and economical that only cost about 12k. All they have to do is
> copy
> the CRX.
>

> Pars

missing link!

Forza Car List Rob Berryhill Simulators 19 May 7th 05 11:37 PM
Honda versus Toyota HLS Technology 13 April 18th 05 05:14 PM
Honda OEM Parts Catalogs for Sale Joe Honda 0 February 12th 05 02:43 PM
Why Are Honda CR-V's Catching Fire? Sparky Honda 4 October 19th 04 05:35 PM
ALERT TO TOYOTA OWNERS Charlene Blake General 0 January 15th 04 02:50 PM