engine stuck to tranny

Old March 9th 05, 10:31 PM
tricky

Just thinking about this option of hitting/shocking it - could you send
a shockwave trough the crank from the pully end ? or would that be a bad
thing ! ?

Rich

Old March 9th 05, 10:33 PM
tricky

Second thoughts - that wouldnt shock the right bit . Ignore my
nonsensical ramblings !

Rich

Old March 9th 05, 10:36 PM
tricky

you could allways strip the engine down and split the case with it in
the car !
I think that would leave you with the flywheel and crank sticking out.
might be an option .

Rich

Old March 9th 05, 10:36 PM
tricky

doesnt beer give you good ideas !!!

Rich

Old March 9th 05, 10:39 PM
Briantelope

In article >,
tricky > wrote:

> you could allways strip the engine down and split the case with it in
> the car !
> I think that would leave you with the flywheel and crank sticking out.
> might be an option .
>
> Rich

since the body is off the pan, that's my last resort. can't be toooo
bad. I'll have to wait until I've got some time to do it though,
instead of the rebuild I was planning!

Brian

--
________
/ |__|__|\
| .\ @ /. | thats one sick bus!
| o \ / o |
"One thing at a time, in life as in your Volkswagen" --John Muir
Old March 10th 05, 12:20 AM
Remco

Well, I hope it helps you.

Maybe, after you get a suffiient opening, you can try Jim's suggestion
and bang indirectly on the transmission shaft.

Old March 10th 05, 04:51 PM
TerryB

Briantelope > wrote in news:bhill-A7E305.16172209032005
@individual.net:

> In article >,
> Speedy Jim > wrote:
>
>> Not sure if this is physically possible, but if a thin steel
>> wedge could be inserted into the gap, one could push it against
>> the tranny shaft and then strike it with hammer blows.
>> The resulting shock might very well break the rust gripping
>> the splines on the clutch disc.

> yeah, I kept thinking what the best way to break the hold would be.
> that's a good idea, but the hard part is finding something thin enough,
> but strong enough.
>
> Brian

Go to your local hardware store and get you a flat pry bar. Should be less
than 1/4 thick and a couple inches wide. It is made to beat on.

--
Terry B
AKA VDUBBS
Old March 10th 05, 10:49 PM
Briantelope

In article > ,
TerryB > wrote:

> > yeah, I kept thinking what the best way to break the hold would be.
> > that's a good idea, but the hard part is finding something thin enough,
> > but strong enough.
> >
> > Brian
> >

> Go to your local hardware store and get you a flat pry bar. Should be less
> than 1/4 thick and a couple inches wide. It is made to beat on.

nice, will do

Brian

--
________
/ |__|__|\ *
Old March 11th 05, 05:48 PM
TerryB

Briantelope > wrote in
:

> In article > ,
> TerryB > wrote:

>> Go to your local hardware store and get you a flat pry bar. Should
>> be less than 1/4 thick and a couple inches wide. It is made to beat
>> on.

> nice, will do
>
> Brian

They are cheap too!! About $7 at Lowes or HD.

--
Terry B
AKA VDUBBS