Left foot braking

Old September 11th 06, 02:22 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
kllrdesire

Default Left foot braking

a lot do, lol, have u ever noticed one going uphill with the brakes on?

--
kllrdesire
kllrdesire's Profile: http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...?userid=464933

http://www.automotiveforums.com

Old September 11th 06, 02:49 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Arif Khokar

Default Automotive forums posters (was Left foot braking)

kllrdesire wrote:

<snip>

FYI, none of the posts we make on a thread started in
http://www.automotiveforums.com ever propogate there. I don't know why
the admins there decided to allow posts from there to appear on r.a.d.

In the mean time, I've added the domain no-mx.nodomain.com to my killfile.
Old September 11th 06, 07:22 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Arif Khokar[_1_]

Scott en Aztlán wrote:
> Arif Khokar > said in rec.autos.driving:
>
> >FYI, none of the posts we make on a thread started in
> >http://www.automotiveforums.com ever propogate there. I don't know why
> >the admins there decided to allow posts from there to appear on r.a.d.

> It's quite simple really: they are "padding" their web-based message
> fora with messages from USENET.

Actually, it's the other way around. We can see their messages, but
they don't see ours. At one time, they did get a feed of this group in
their forum. IIRC, one of them made the remark along the lines of
"where did all these guest posters come from."

Old September 12th 06, 05:24 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
bobss396[_1_]

I left foot brake all the time. I got into the habit with stock cars
years ago, it helps on the track to get faster lap times. If I'm in a
strange car I won't do it until I feel comfortable with it. Its pretty
much a bad habit on the street though.

And I'm amazed at the amount of people who do not know how to drive a
stick car properly. For normal driving, I always use the engine to
scrub off speed when I stop. I keep it in high gear until I'm almost
stopped, then the clutch goes in. Down shifting to slow the car only
puts the load on the synchros and outside of sounding cool, it does not
help you stop any faster.

Bob

--
bobss396
bobss396's Profile: http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...?userid=213251

Old September 13th 06, 12:28 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Old Wolf

bobss396 wrote:

> And I'm amazed at the amount of people who do not know how to drive a
> stick car properly. For normal driving, I always use the engine to
> scrub off speed when I stop.

You don't use the brakes?

> I keep it in high gear until I'm almost stopped, then the clutch goes in.
> Down shifting to slow the car only puts the load on the synchros and
> outside of sounding cool, it does not help you stop any faster.

Surely, engine braking in the lower gear has a greater deceleratory
effect. Plus, it doesn't load your synchros if you double-declutch.

Old September 13th 06, 07:53 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
necromancer[_1_]

Default automotiveforums.com sucks Dead Donkey Dicks!

Ladies and Gentlemen (and I use those words loosely), Scott en Aztlán
said in rec.autos.driving:
> BTW, the subject line is intended to get the attention of the
> administrators of that web site. I figure they'll either fix the
> problem or drop the USENET feeds altogether.

Just thought I'd get in on the action...

--
'And then we wonder why the UFO's won't
stop by and say hello..."

Left foot braking Stefanel1 Driving 2 September 11th 06 03:36 AM
New Yokohama Avid tires on 97 Accord (pull to the left, squirrely handling - endless frustration) [email protected][_1_] Technology 0 July 8th 06 07:01 PM
New Yokohama Avid tires on 97 Accord (pull to the left, squirrely handling - endless frustration) [email protected][_1_] Honda 0 July 8th 06 07:01 PM
Two Footed Driving Opinions (left foot for brake) Solicited ? Robert11 Technology 13 August 29th 05 02:28 PM
Left Turn Arrow w/o Left Turn Lane Larry Scholnick Driving 9 June 27th 05 10:20 PM