88 Civic - PCV?

Old March 14th 05, 08:36 PM
Eric

Default 88 Civic - PCV?

On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 18:03:19 GMT, Eric > wrote:

>88 Civic - PCV?
>
>Hi there, I need some help working on my oil-burning problem and from
>googling it seems the pcv valve is a possible cause.
>
>Firstly, does the 88 Civic PGM-FI have a PCV valve? Can I access it
>as a non-mechanic type? How do I locate it? I've read in this group
>many descriptions of where it is but can't seem to identify it at all.
>I haven't removed any parts. Maybe I need to do that first. If
>someone will describe it's location please use the round black part on
>top that reads "PGM - FI" as a point of reference.
>
>I hope to clean and reinstall so don't want to buy one.
>
>Secondly, regarding my oil burning problem...
>
>Odometer reads 155K km. No smoke at start up but after running awhile
>there is tons of smoke when I pull away from a stop light. It's
>especially bad after being on the highway or not coming to a stop and
>re accelerating for a while. Also, smoke seems especially bad in the
>heat of the day and less so at colder temps-maybe this is irrelevant.
>
>thanks for all your help and thanks again for an awesome group
>Eric

I found it, inspected it, cleaned it - seems fine - put it back in and
am still smoking.

Back to googling to find the next easiest thing to check... hoping
it's not worn seals.

Eric

PS: seeing a picture of the valve was a big help- as soon as I saw the
picture I recognized it...
http://shop.air-intake-system.com/ho..._45532nov.html
It was on top of one of the branches btw the "carb" area and the crank
case with a tube running from almost directly below up beside it then
making a 180 degree turn to go right over top of the valve. Just pull
the tube up and off the valve, unscrew, clean and replace.

Eric
Old March 15th 05, 01:20 AM
Mista Bone

http://www.bettendorf.com/~mrbone/pictures/RR/PCV.jpg

Old March 15th 05, 02:44 AM
TeGGer®

"Mista Bone" > wrote in
:

> http://www.bettendorf.com/~mrbone/pictures/RR/PCV.jpg

More pics of the sam, but from a different angle:
http://tegger.com/hondafaq/misc/pcv-peekaboo.jpg
http://tegger.com/hondafaq/misc/new-pcv-parts.jpg

--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/

There are nice grille for Civic in ebay carjohnchen Honda 2 March 6th 05 05:24 PM
Honda OEM Parts Catalogs for Sale Joe Honda 0 February 12th 05 01:43 PM
Rough Ride In My 2001 Civic LX Coupe! [email protected] Honda 0 January 23rd 05 09:16 AM
Civic Hybrid [email protected] Honda 8 December 12th 04 04:38 PM
Larger gas tank on a '93 Civic vx [email protected] Honda 3 December 7th 04 07:48 AM