dead battery and more, advice?

Old February 2nd 08, 05:09 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
[email protected]

Default dead battery and more, advice?

I have just come inside from trying to start my car. The problem is,
not only is my battery dead (new bat 2 years ago), but I can not open
my doors manually. Audi claims that when the battery is dead, one is
able to open the doors manually (like every other car out there).
However, my 2000 A4 is not living-up to these claims. Has anyone heard
of this before? Is it more than my battery? I would like to get an
idea of whether I need to take it to the dealer, or simply get a new
battery, before I call AAA to break into my car and give me a jump.
Thanks...
Old February 2nd 08, 09:20 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
tpow

> wrote in message
>I have just come inside from trying to start my car. The problem is,
> not only is my battery dead (new bat 2 years ago), but I can not open
> my doors manually. Audi claims that when the battery is dead, one is
> able to open the doors manually (like every other car out there).
> However, my 2000 A4 is not living-up to these claims. Has anyone heard
> of this before? Is it more than my battery? I would like to get an
> idea of whether I need to take it to the dealer, or simply get a new
> battery, before I call AAA to break into my car and give me a jump.
> Thanks...

you have managed to get inside the vehicle to attempt to start
it..........you obviously did with the remote. at this time, buying a new
battery would be a good bet and probably as costly as the slim Jim man.

my new, 2 year old, Vitara battery we TU.............the dealer replaced it
after a few words were exchanged. Their policy being the battery was not
covered under the 3 year warranty..............this being my 5th vehicle
from them, they fitted a new one FOC. So batteries are like all things they
last as long as they last. It only takes 1 cell to go west.

although I can open my A4's doors manually, turning the key takes some
force.........probably more than one would like. With the key mounted in its
plastic fob it does make me cringe a bit but I do it slowly and hold the fob
close to the key blade. I am not sure how this works because it still opens
all the doors so some lecy must be required, perhaps a very minimum.
although your battery seems dead there may be a small charge there.

dj
A4 V6 2.4 1998..........new VARTA battery 2 years ago after same probs as
you.

Old February 3rd 08, 08:59 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Black_RS4[_8_]

try the passenger side lock to open the door...

--
Black_RS4
Black_RS4's Profile: http://www.audiforum.ca/member.php?userid=945

Help please with dead battery [email protected] Mazda 4 February 18th 07 01:37 AM
A/c completely dead, need advice Masospaghetti Technology 10 August 15th 06 07:24 AM
Battery going dead! DougB Jeep 5 January 21st 06 03:56 AM
1997 SC2 Completely Dead, No Power, Not Dead Battery getjer1 Saturn 10 November 18th 05 05:05 AM
When The Battery Light Comes On Does This Mean The Battery Is Going Dead? John Saturn 10 August 14th 04 01:25 AM