Audi A6 1996/7 Autobox question.

Old February 25th 05, 10:41 AM
Nev Arthur

Default Audi A6 1996/7 Autobox question.

Hi again,
Recently bought this car, with a 1.8 auto, and I knew it was not
going to be a quick car. However, the box feels quite slushy and
the engine revs quite high on even moderate acceleration,
completely unlike my previous 190E Merc with a 2.0 litre engine.
Is this normal, do you think?
Also, I can't find a handbook, any ideas where it may be hidden,
or where I can get a replacement?
Sorry to only ask questions rather than help anyone else, but I
would be grateful for any help.
Nev