Bad Experience -- South Shore Imported Cars in Norwell, MA

Old November 13th 04, 04:05 PM
R@L

"BDR" > wrote in message ...
> Anyone ever deal with South Shore Imported Cars in Norwell, MA? I
> contacted
> the apparent web sales guy there, Adam Skolnick, about a 2001 S4 he had
> posted in auction format...... Man, what an A-Hole... He wouldn't give me
> any info on price, and just told me not to bug him -- "bidding is your
> business. If you're interest... bid; if not... don't." When I replied,
> shocked at his reply, his response proceeded to insult me and call me
> condescending.
>
> My advise based on my experience would be to avoid South Shore Imported
> Cars, and ESPECIALLY Adam Skolnick. FYI.....
>
> --bdr--

Since no one can verify what happened, I think you should refrain from posts
like this.
If there is mailtraffic to back up stories like this it's another matter to
me.

Ronald

Old November 13th 04, 04:30 PM
BDR

Hey, I'm not trying to trash someone just for the heck of it. I just figure
people should get the straight info about the good salespeople and also the
bad salespeople out there. Remember that it's only slander if it's not
true..... Here's the paper trail (read from bottom to top). Judge for
Old November 13th 04, 05:15 PM
John Clark

It's good that you post your opinion here. If others have done business
with them before and were happy with their service they should post those
experiences as well.

Old November 13th 04, 05:19 PM
Peter Bell

In message >
"BDR" > wrote:

> Remember that it's only slander if it's not true.....

Remember that it's only slander if it's spoken. If it's written or
broadcast then it's libel!

FWIW, if the car is being auctioned, then the seller is perfectly within
his rights to not disclose the price at which he would sell (reserve
price). However, the salesman could have expressed this somewhat better
than he did!

Old November 13th 04, 05:27 PM
R@L

"BDR" > wrote in message ...
> Hey, I'm not trying to trash someone just for the heck of it. I just
> figure
> people should get the straight info about the good salespeople and also
> the
> bad salespeople out there. Remember that it's only slander if it's not
> true..... Here's the paper trail (read from bottom to top). Judge for

If someone is auctioning an article -house, car or cat- don't ask for the
price.
I think the salesman was clear in his answer and does not deserve to be put
on a billboard worldwide.
You're the one threathening him with 'spreading the good word'. One should
not do that just because he wrote the price is 'his' business.

So I don't agree with you. Are you going to spread the good word about me
too?

Ronald

Old November 14th 04, 03:23 AM
David

Actually, opinions are not slander.

If you print that it is your opinion that someone is an A$$hole, that is an
opinion, not slander.

If you say someone is an A$$hole, that could be slander.