I need some assistance w/NR2003 .....................

Old June 11th 05, 01:05 PM
Gil

I got mine for $4.99, and I bought a copy for a friend as well. What's
the big deal with having the disk in the drive, anyway? I'm setting up
the wheel and pedals already to play the game, it's not that much extra
effort to put the disk in.

Old June 11th 05, 02:02 PM
Ed Medlin

"Trill Morgan" > wrote in message
.. .

> "Timmy Ferrell" > wrote in message
> . ..
>> A "no-cd" patch is usually more trouble than it's worth, in my
>> experience. The mods and patches will not work.

> I beg to differ. I use the no-cd patch all the time WITH all the mods
> installed.
>
> I also never have to put a CD in again, AND I can play online to boot!
> :-P

Yea.....later versions are on-line compatible

Old June 11th 05, 03:01 PM
Darus

It's not the effort, it's wear and tear from swapping CD's. I take
really good care of my stuff and the disk is beginning to look its age.
What will happen if the disk doesn't work anymore? I can't get a new
copy of NR2003.

The situation is getting worse now that some game disks will not work
in a rewritable drive, as the software sees it as a copying device. Now
I have to swap disks constantly to play certain titles.

Old June 13th 05, 12:38 PM
Byron Forbes

If you outlast a CD I'll be impressed. Clean/buff the CD with toothpaste
if it gets dirty/scratched (ditto for DVDs too of course) and it'll last far
longer than you'll need it.

oups.com...

Old June 13th 05, 12:51 PM
Byron Forbes

"Ed Medlin" > wrote in message
m...

> "Trill Morgan" > wrote in message
> .. .
>>
>> "Timmy Ferrell" > wrote in message
>> . ..
>>> A "no-cd" patch is usually more trouble than it's worth, in my
>>> experience. The mods and patches will not work.

>> I beg to differ. I use the no-cd patch all the time WITH all the mods
>> installed.
>>
>> I also never have to put a CD in again, AND I can play online to boot!
>> :-P

> Yea.....later versions are on-line compatible

Now that stinks! THIS is what Kaemmer should focus on - wonder if it's
been addressed? They (the theifs) will all be complaining when those servers
shut down no doubt. LOL. "Fools, you need to put petrol in it to keep it
running".

Old June 14th 05, 10:07 PM
Plowboy

You do NOT have kids do you?

I got about 50 cd's I should have sent to you, if you can get even one to
work, I'd likely give you 10 bucks. all of them the kids tittles like
reader rabbit that no longer read... One was stepped on, the rest look as
if you played frisbee with them, in a parkinglot. all of them kids tittles
unless you count the one I had to send to SIerra, because it has been
stepped on (broke it into 2 pieces).

You might say I have outlasted CD's and Byron.... "snap!" as of now,
Hahahahaa....

Byron Forbes enlightened us with:

Old June 15th 05, 01:42 AM
Darus

Sounds like a good idea, but I'm still in the same situation. IF
something happens (the CD drive doesn't like Crest for example), what
then?

Got a link for the toothpaste bath step by step?

Old June 15th 05, 03:30 PM
Byron Forbes

Smear a little toothpaste on the CD/DVD and use your finger as a buff.
Dont let the toothpaste dry too much though else it gets too abrasive. Then
just rinse with water. Especially useful when hiring DVDs.

oups.com...