1999 Odyssey water under carpet...

Old May 26th 05, 09:35 PM
Yenski News

Default 1999 Odyssey water under carpet...

In 2004, I installed a DVD system and when removing the seats and carpet (to
hide the wires) noticed that the foam backing of the carpet on the front
passenger floor (near the door) was saturated with water. So, I removed the
entire carpet to dry. Yesterday, I was vacuuming the vehicle and thought I
would inspect. I lifted off the kick plat e moulding to lift up the carpet
and sure enough it is wet again.

Anyone know where the water is coming from? I'm guessing the A/C or heater
core, but cannot find the source of the leak. I have searched the net and
found a link that the pillar was leaking water, but this may not be the
case.

Thanks

Old May 27th 05, 12:45 AM
Woody

It could be condensation from the evaporator. If so the drain tube is
blocked. This usually leads to mold and smell coming from the air vents.
Find the drain tube and clear it. It should be near and below where the A/C
hoses go thru the firewall....

Old May 28th 05, 02:57 AM

Old May 28th 05, 03:09 AM

As previously stated, my first guess would be the evaporator condensor.

There are 2 other potential areas. You never mentioned if you have a
sunroof? Even though the '99 - '04 Odys didn't offer a factory
sunroof, many dealers were installing aftermarket units. If you have
one, the drain tubes could be clogged there as well.

The other area that comes to mind is the windshield. Here again, if
you had one recently replaced and it wasn't properly installed this
would most definitely be a trouble spot.

Since you don't mention if you are the orignal owner, a windshield
could have replaced before you purchased the van. So you may want to
have it checked?

Good luck

Old May 28th 05, 11:29 PM
Professor

Absolutely... the problem is that many times after clearing the
drain... it will become blocked again with a muddy type substance that
is the result of decomposing leaves and seeds that have made their way
throough the ventilation intake over the years. Actually, the one way I
have stopped the repeated clogging is to actually fill the plenum up
with water throught that same drain, in an attempt to rinse it out
good. The only other way is to take the plenum apart to clean as a last
resort.

Professor
www.telstar-electronics.com

Old May 31st 05, 12:27 AM
KWW

Any diagrams of this hose and its location?

--
KWW

m...

Old May 31st 05, 12:27 AM
KWW

Where does this hose travel in the body? Where can I get diagrams?

--
KWW

oups.com...

Old May 31st 05, 06:37 PM
Professor

This drain is normally located on the passenger side. You must get
under the vehicle and look from the outside to locate. When you do find
it... run something through it and get ready for a shower... LOL
Be careful when poking through the blockage... the evaporater core is
close by inside the plenum... and a gorilla touch could get you a
puncture in it. I suggest using something wood instead of metal to poke
with.

Old June 3rd 05, 03:34 AM
KWW

Thanks. It turns out the AC drain is fairly clear.

I suspect that the liquid right around the driver's side for the rear seat
may have been from the rear window washer. I will have to see if the line
is loose somewhere.

The driver's floor.... don't know... but I never have done anything to the
sunroof drain. For that matter I don't know where to lube the sunroof
itself... but that's another thread... I guess.,

--
KWW

oups.com...