OT - Struts

Old March 10th 05, 10:50 PM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Jeff, we are talking about struts here, as the subject indicates. Some
here, you by the sheer simplicity of calling it a shock, and Jerry,
don't seem to understand the strut is the only thing the steering
spindle pivots on. So as to avoid killing this poor guy, I speak.
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old March 10th 05, 11:20 PM
Jeff Strickland

We understand that completely, but is not part of the question.

The tires wear because the struts or the shocks are worn, allowing the tires
to bounce in a harmonic pattern that results in cupping along the edges of
the tires.

I can't ever remember seeing a strut fall apart to the point that the
suspension suffered a catastrophic failure of the type you are talking
about. The strut has significant structural components to hold it together
even if it fails to the point that the tires bounce and wear out unevenly.

Old March 10th 05, 11:25 PM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

A couple of pictures to that may educate some in their differences:
http://www.allwheelalignment.com/suspension.htm

Old March 10th 05, 11:43 PM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

I've seen them fall apart, maybe as part of an incomplete accident
repair, but they hold the wheel on just the same as the Libby's ball
joint:
http://www.detnews.com/2003/autosins...tos-319372.htm
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old March 10th 05, 11:53 PM
Jeff Strickland

That is completely and utterly without relevance to the question we are
addressing.

Old March 11th 05, 12:04 AM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Jeff, you changed the question to about shocks, and this site shows how
the shock and subject: strut are configured. Now can you see the
relevance???????? Or shall I try to make it simpler for you.
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old March 11th 05, 12:10 AM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

http://www.monroe.com/tech_support/tec_faq.asp
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old March 11th 05, 02:48 AM
Jeff Strickland

The topic was about tire wear, NOT shocks or struts.

I explained how shocks or struts can cause tire wear.

The differences in shocks and struts is very clear to me, and you postings
are without relevance. But thatnks for playing, Captain BesidethePoint.

Old March 11th 05, 03:12 AM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Jeff, the topic is "Struts" as in the subject line. To paraphrase, he
asked whether he should believe the advice that they are "shot". Like
you he doesn't know what a strut is! I took the liberty of pasting in
the original post that you seem incapable or finding:

"From: "Ben" > Wed 3:32 PM
Subject: OT - Struts

Old March 11th 05, 09:04 PM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Thank you. This is the part I believed you did realize, and keep
blowing off: "The strut
also is a major suspension component."
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

01 intrepid struts Matt T Chrysler 7 February 4th 05 10:10 PM
Bilstein Touring vs HD Struts Raybender BMW 5 January 14th 05 07:52 PM
Replacing Struts on a 1995 Olds Cutlass [email protected] Technology 2 December 24th 04 04:07 PM
Replacing struts on 2001 Accord LX V-6 George Earl Honda 4 October 27th 04 02:59 AM
Need some advise on replacing struts on SL2 James1549 Saturn 1 June 25th 04 11:48 AM