TRIP ODOMETER

Old November 16th 04, 01:13 AM
Jeffery Privott

Default TRIP ODOMETER

Odometer just stop turning yesterday. Is there a way that this can be
reached without setting off the airbag? Any information regarding this will
be greatly appreciated.

Ninja,
94 Red Covt.
5.0 a little
goodies added

Old November 16th 04, 03:01 AM
Paul

at 15 Nov 2004, Jeffery Privott ] wrote in
:

> Odometer just stop turning yesterday. Is there a way that this can
> be reached without setting off the airbag? Any information regarding
> this will be greatly appreciated.

You need to take out the instrument cluster. See the site in my .sig
and check the How-To for installing a gauge bezel.

That's the good news, now for the bad.

I had this happen to my 95 about a year ago. Neither the odo nor the
trip odo were working. Had to replace my gauge cluster as to prevent
'odo fraud' the thing is sealed so no info is available on how to open
the lil odo box, troubleshoot and fix the problem.

If this is the case for you as wel, check eBay for a 94/95 GT cluster,
you can find them for like #25 sometimes and if you are lucky, mileage
is near what yours is. If you order a replacement from Ford, it'll be
in the neighbourhood of $300 just for the part. :-(

--
_ 1995 Mustang V6 Coupe (Bright Blue)
|_| Member Modern Mustangs of North America (MMNA)

Old November 16th 04, 12:28 PM
Jeffery Privott

Thanks for the info Paul.

Ninja,

Old November 16th 04, 05:44 PM
Paul

at 16 Nov 2004, Jeffery Privott ] wrote in
:

> Thanks for the info Paul.

You're welcome. So did you check to see if both your odo and trip ode
stopped working but the speedo is working fine? If so, most likely it's
the problem I described. If your speedo is not working either, it's most
likely the transmitter/sensor on the tranny.

Old November 17th 04, 02:01 AM
Chief_Wiggum

The best way to avoid setting off the airbag is to make SURE you are not
driving down the road while you take the dash apart.

Most people try to work on the instrument cluster while hurtling down the
interstate, and too many times, they will drop a screwdriver or something,
and wind up plowing into a pole, or another car **** BAM **** airbags go
off!

Seriously though, the airbags aren't NEARLY as easy to set off as some would
have you believe. In removing the inst cluster you don't get anywhere near
the bag components anyway.

JUST DO IT !!

Old November 17th 04, 02:20 AM
Jeffery Privott

Thank's for the information. I will not be able to get to the problem until
this weekend. Uncle Sam give me no time doing the week.

Jeff, (AKA) Ninja

Old November 21st 04, 07:26 AM
Christine Courty

"Jeffery Privott" > wrote in message
> Thanks for the info Paul.
>
> Ninja,
> "Paul" > wrote in message
>> at 15 Nov 2004, Jeffery Privott ] wrote in
>> :
>>
>>> Odometer just stop turning yesterday. Is there a way that this can
>>> be reached without setting off the airbag? Any information regarding
>>> this will be greatly appreciated.

>> You need to take out the instrument cluster. See the site in my .sig
>> and check the How-To for installing a gauge bezel.
>>
>> That's the good news, now for the bad.
>>
>> I had this happen to my 95 about a year ago. Neither the odo nor the
>> trip odo were working. Had to replace my gauge cluster as to prevent
>> 'odo fraud' the thing is sealed so no info is available on how to open
>> the lil odo box, troubleshoot and fix the problem.
>>
>> If this is the case for you as wel, check eBay for a 94/95 GT cluster,
>> you can find them for like #25 sometimes and if you are lucky, mileage
>> is near what yours is. If you order a replacement from Ford, it'll be
>> in the neighbourhood of $300 just for the part. :-(
>>

>> --
>> _ 1995 Mustang V6 Coupe (Bright Blue)
>> |_| Member Modern Mustangs of North America (MMNA)
>> http://mustang.fdns.net

I had a problem with my trip odometer sticking every so often. I put a
little white lithium grease on the gears, and it has been fine ever since.
You will have to take the instrument cluster out of the dash to do this, but
it not hard, and may just fix the problem for you. You don't have to break
any factory seals to do this, either.

Old November 21st 04, 07:52 AM
Chuck

On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 02:01:48 GMT, Paul > wrote:

>at 15 Nov 2004, Jeffery Privott ] wrote in
:

>> Odometer just stop turning yesterday. Is there a way that this can
>> be reached without setting off the airbag? Any information regarding
>> this will be greatly appreciated.

>You need to take out the instrument cluster. See the site in my .sig
>and check the How-To for installing a gauge bezel.
>
>That's the good news, now for the bad.
>
>I had this happen to my 95 about a year ago. Neither the odo nor the
>trip odo were working. Had to replace my gauge cluster as to prevent
>'odo fraud' the thing is sealed so no info is available on how to open
>the lil odo box, troubleshoot and fix the problem.
>
>If this is the case for you as wel, check eBay for a 94/95 GT cluster,
>you can find them for like #25 sometimes and if you are lucky, mileage
>is near what yours is. If you order a replacement from Ford, it'll be
>in the neighbourhood of $300 just for the part. :-(

And how does that "ford" site have anything to do with fords?
Old November 21st 04, 07:07 PM
Paul

at 21 Nov 2004, Chuck ] wrote in
news
> And how does that "ford" site have anything to do with fords?

Sorry, I had a server crash last week while I was out of town which
messed up a config setting. http://mustang.fdns.net will take you to the
right site now. It's basically a redirect to the sote on RR as to avoid a
long URL... :-)

Old November 24th 04, 02:08 AM
Jeffery Privott

Thanks for all the information group. I will finally have the time to get in
there and find out what the problem is thanks to the all of the advise
provided.

Jeffrey, AKA ( Ninja )
ink.net...

Odometer fluctuation Zebra Honda 5 October 30th 04 04:18 PM
91 Odometer Goes Crazy! Orval Fairbairn Saturn 4 October 18th 04 03:57 AM
odometer backlight Gary Klein Saturn 1 September 14th 04 06:31 AM
Odometer Repairs eddy eagle General 0 August 5th 04 10:50 AM
Trip meter / Odometer kh0513 Saturn 1 July 19th 04 11:32 PM