Rear Doors wont open

Old April 8th 06, 10:32 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw

Default Rear Doors wont open

HELP. I have a 1997 728i (E38) my problem is that one of the rear
doors will not open from the inside or the outside. it is obviously a
cable or something snapped inside the door? but my problem is how to
open the door so that I can repair it ??????? I have tried to get the
door card off, but of course with the door shut it will not come off,
I have also tried to push a bit of wire down the side of an open
window in the hope that I could open it, but again to no avail, so
HELP, HOW THE HELL CAN I OPEN THE DOOR ????????

John
Old April 8th 06, 11:54 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw

> wrote in message
> HELP. I have a 1997 728i (E38) my problem is that one of the rear
> doors will not open from the inside or the outside. it is obviously a
> cable or something snapped inside the door? but my problem is how to
> open the door so that I can repair it ??????? I have tried to get the
> door card off, but of course with the door shut it will not come off,
> I have also tried to push a bit of wire down the side of an open
> window in the hope that I could open it, but again to no avail, so
> HELP, HOW THE HELL CAN I OPEN THE DOOR ????????
>
> John

from the outside stand back and say Open Seza Me..........its worth a try.

Old April 10th 06, 04:26 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw

Dear John (Heh! Heh!)
I have the same problem with my 95 318i (Thank God, it's a rear door
and not the driver door !)
Hopefully this might work...
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.a...d1429db2ae8180
I haven't tried it yet, but seems like the only option for us locked
out guys.
Luck & courage !

Old May 8th 06, 03:08 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw

This issue recently got resolved in my case, coz apparently my rear
door had somehow got double-locked (all by itself) and I was using the
Valet key for my daily use. Instead when I used the Master key on the
driver's side door (turning it a full 90 degrees, not possible with the
Valet key) it released the double-lock.
They say, some times a faulty relay in the keyless control module may
erratically activate a double-lock, even when not intended.
Always make sure U try the Master key before taking it to repair. I'm
sure the Master key is designed to manually override all electronic
immobilizers (makes sense too, when U imagine a 'War of the worlds'
like scenario)

Old May 8th 06, 03:50 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw

That happens sometimes in sedans, BMW's are known for electrical trouble.
The coupes are even worse. Sometimes they don't even ship with door handles.
Good luck.

oups.com...

Old May 9th 06, 08:31 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw

I had a similar problem with my old e34.

Here's how I did it.

http://www.randcjones.plus.com/Docs/...%20how%202.pdf