How To Remove/Replace Headlight Lenses?

Old September 5th 06, 02:27 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
[email protected]

Default How To Remove/Replace Headlight Lenses?

I received new headlight lenses for my 1993 Cobra. Looking at the new
lenses I can see three (3) attachment points, and looking at the
existing lenses there are long bolts that fit into these attachment
points. However, I don't see any sort of nut or clip on these bolts.
So how do you get the lenses off/out?

Help!

Patrick

Old September 5th 06, 05:31 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
dwight[_1_]

> wrote in message
ups.com...
>I received new headlight lenses for my 1993 Cobra. Looking at the new
> lenses I can see three (3) attachment points, and looking at the
> existing lenses there are long bolts that fit into these attachment
> points. However, I don't see any sort of nut or clip on these bolts.
> So how do you get the lenses off/out?
>
> Help!
>
> Patrick

http://www.fordmuscle.com/archives/2...ts/index.shtml

See if this helps at all. Your headlights shouldn't be significantly
different than TFrog's. If it's any consolation, I was able to do the swap
myself. Some of those nuts were a difficult reach (there's not a lot of room
to work in), but it's manageable.

dwight

Old September 5th 06, 05:41 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
[email protected]

dwight wrote:

Ahhh... to late. I just posted my how-to article. Thanks though,
Dwight!

Patrick

Old September 6th 06, 12:23 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
WindsorFox[SS]

wrote:
> dwight wrote:
>
> Ahhh... to late. I just posted my how-to article. Thanks though,
> Dwight!
>
> Patrick

You went from "OMFG HELP!!!" to "I just posted my How To article" in
three hours???

--

I used to have abs. Now, I've just got ab.
One big ol' Ab. - BigSkiff

Pyongyang sounds more like the sound effect an ACME catapult makes
as it goes off at precisely the wrong moment for Wile E. Coyote. -
Cadbury Moose
Old September 6th 06, 01:59 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
[email protected]

WindsorFox[SS] wrote:

> >> You went from "OMFG HELP!!!" to "I just posted my How To article" in
> >> three hours???

> > No, it's was from HELP to a posted How-To Article in three hours.
> > There was no cursing, only yawns.

> > Was it just three hours? Wow, it's amazing what you can accomplish
> > when you're fully awake. But, yeah, it was a fairly simple job. And
> > the results are amazing! Why anyone, myself included, would spend time
> > polishing the old, yellowed lenses is now beyond me. From now on I'll
> > say just replace them!

> Because back when we did that the only place to buy replacements was
> from Ford and it was hella expensive.

The new ones I purchased have the Ford oval modeled into them. Is Ford
allowing others to make and market them as a Ford part? If so, I
wonder how these new lenses will hold up compared to the originals?
Anyone know...? IMO, they have to use better materials/plastics than
the originals.

Patrick

Old September 6th 06, 07:08 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
oneadvent

I just put in Black projection headlights. They look awesome.
http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l2.../IMAGE_016.jpg They
looked terrible before I put the new ones in. I am very happy with the
new effect. I don't know why anyone put stock lights back in, when I
got these for 134 dollars on ebay. I got the whole headlight assembly
with it.

Josh

Old September 6th 06, 05:39 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
[email protected]

oneadvent wrote:
> I just put in Black projection headlights. They look awesome.
> http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l2.../IMAGE_016.jpg They
> looked terrible before I put the new ones in. I am very happy with the
> new effect. I don't know why anyone put stock lights back in, when I
> got these for 134 dollars on ebay.

Josh,

Some, myself included, would much rather have a car that looks stock
but runs like a modified, than a car that looks modified but runs like
it's stock. In other words, sleepers rule!

Patrick

Are your headlight lenses getting cloudy? Rick Chrysler 80 February 26th 06 01:06 AM
Cloudy headlight lenses R. P. Honda 1 December 20th 05 05:23 AM
very clouded headlight lenses blessedofthelord Chrysler 6 November 15th 05 11:16 AM
Are your headlight lenses getting cloudy? Jack Ford Explorer 12 September 11th 05 05:24 PM
Help identifying Antique glass headlight lenses ? [email protected] Antique cars 0 February 3rd 05 03:00 AM