2002 VW Jetta won't start

Old August 10th 06, 02:59 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
[email protected]

Default 2002 VW Jetta won't start

While pulling into my driveway a couple of days ago, our 2002 VW Jetta
1.8 Turbo--battery light came on, and then the car died. I initially
thought the battery was dead, but have tried to jump it off to no
avail. It almost acts as though it is in some type of security mode.
I disconnected the black battery cable for an hour or so, but still no
luck. Anyone have any ideas.

Thanks

Steve

Old August 14th 06, 04:28 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
[email protected]

Sounds like engine immobilizer. happened to me once I had it towed to
the dealer, they replaced the battery and reset the security code. They
had to reset my keys too. This was while the car was under warranty so
I didn't have to pay for anything. Now it won't start again, but I am
able to jump it. good luck.

wrote:
> While pulling into my driveway a couple of days ago, our 2002 VW Jetta
> 1.8 Turbo--battery light came on, and then the car died. I initially
> thought the battery was dead, but have tried to jump it off to no
> avail. It almost acts as though it is in some type of security mode.
> I disconnected the black battery cable for an hour or so, but still no
> luck. Anyone have any ideas.
>
> Thanks
>
> Steve

having to push start my jetta cecil VW water cooled 6 July 17th 06 01:23 AM
2002 jetta wagon W VW water cooled 0 April 26th 05 02:04 PM
2002 Jetta 1.8T Triptronic Tansmission Question [email protected] VW water cooled 3 January 11th 05 04:44 PM
Advice Please! Mercedes 1997 S320 or...2002 VW Jetta? Jan Driving 2 December 7th 04 10:51 PM