Guy in Viper: Because I'm compensating for my "shortcomings"

Old June 5th 06, 01:54 AM posted to alt.autos.dodge,rec.autos.driving,rec.arts.tv

Default Guy in Viper: Because I'm compensating for my "shortcomings"

How dead-on accurate was THAT Volkswagen ad?

Why else would anyone buy that wanna-be Ferrari rattletrap?

Old June 5th 06, 03:26 AM posted to alt.autos.dodge

For performance/dollar, it beats *any* Ferrari!
How many 500-hp Ferraris can you get for ~$85K?

But, on the other hand, trolls are never wrong.

Thanks,
Scott

Old June 5th 06, 08:50 AM posted to alt.autos.dodge,rec.autos.driving,rec.arts.tv

Default Guy in Beater: Because I can't compensate for my "shortcomings"

On 4 Jun 2006 17:54:03 -0700, "slas" > was
understood to have stated the following:

>How dead-on accurate was THAT Volkswagen ad?
>
>Why else would anyone buy that wanna-be Ferrari rattletrap?

Aunt Judy dreams of driving one to it's favorite bath house; maybe
then it would get some respect from the turd tampers there. As it is,
they all laugh at him when he pulls up in his bald-tired rust bucket.

---

"Do we operate under a system of equal justice under law? Or is there one system for the average citizen and another for the high and mighty?" ~ Senator Ted Kennedy, 1973

--

El Pollo Loco (Laura Bush Murdered Her Boyfriend) demonstrates it's complete gullibility, stupidity, and state of delusion when it falls for an April Fool's joke, hook, line, and sinker:

Ragnar wrote:
> Gods, you're dumb. Its a rather obvious April Fool's joke. And you're
> the Fool.

This is no joke.
Old June 5th 06, 03:00 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge,rec.autos.driving,rec.arts.tv

"slas" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> How dead-on accurate was THAT Volkswagen ad?
>
> Why else would anyone buy that wanna-be Ferrari rattletrap?

I don't know, maybe because it cost half as much and goes really fast? Maybe
a better question would be why would anyone buy that VW wince BMW
rattletrap? Lowest Ego Emissions might be interpreted as "I am embarrassed
to be seen in this over priced piece of junk."

On a more serious note - I dislike those VW commercials. The message is
unclear. Do VW owners not care about their vehicles? If the best thing you
can say about your VW is that people with low self esteem or no ego's buy
them, why should I be interested?

Ed

Old June 5th 06, 03:40 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge,rec.autos.driving,rec.arts.tv

C. E. White wrote:

> On a more serious note - I dislike those VW commercials. The message is
> unclear. Do VW owners not care about their vehicles? If the best thing you
> can say about your VW is that people with low self esteem or no ego's buy
> them, why should I be interested?

"low ego emissions" does not at all mean "low self-esteem". They're
trying to appeal to people who think they're mature/secure enough not
to need to show off with a car that compensates for their various
emotional problems... i.e. people that buy a car because they like it
or it makes sense, not because it makes them look good.

Not that there's anything wrong with owning a Ferrari, though if you're
just using it for your daily commute, you could have saved about
$150,000...

Jeff

Old June 5th 06, 04:02 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge,rec.autos.driving,rec.arts.tv

fruitbat wrote:

> "low ego emissions" does not at all mean "low self-esteem". They're
> trying to appeal to people who think they're mature/secure enough not
> to need to show off with a car that compensates for their various
> emotional problems... i.e. people that buy a car because they like it
> or it makes sense, not because it makes them look good.

..

Bingo. I bought a Jetta because it gets 50 miles per gallon. It looks
decent, has plenty of room, and saves money.

,

Old June 5th 06, 04:18 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge,rec.autos.driving,rec.arts.tv

> wrote in message
oups.com...

> fruitbat wrote:
> >
> > "low ego emissions" does not at all mean "low self-esteem". They're
> > trying to appeal to people who think they're mature/secure enough not
> > to need to show off with a car that compensates for their various
> > emotional problems... i.e. people that buy a car because they like it
> > or it makes sense, not because it makes them look good.

> Bingo. I bought a Jetta because it gets 50 miles per gallon. It looks
> decent, has plenty of room, and saves money.

All good reasons. Why don't they say that instead of lowest ego emissions?
And the new Jetta commercials are horrid! I don't associate Jetta's with
hiking, yoga, or dancing. I associate them with young girls and old guys
(old guys seem to love the diesels). I also associate them with repair
horror stories (my Sister owned a Jetta once, my other Sister owned a Passat
once - both are now cured of the VW disease). Decent driving qualities,
reasonable room, and good safety ratings seem to be the best reasons for
buying a VW. If cost or fuel mileage were the major reasons for owning one,
then there are better choices (in my opinion). For instance why a Jetta
instead of a Corolla? Unless you get the Jetta diesel, the Corolla gets
better fuel economy, is claimed to be far more reliable, and you can
probably buy it for less. On the other hand I am sure the VW will be better
for spirited driving and be roomier. However, the people that like the "low
ego emissions ad," don't seem like the sort that will care about the
spirited driving or worry about the boring aspects of a Corolla or Camry.

Ed

Old June 5th 06, 04:19 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge,rec.autos.driving,rec.arts.tv

"slas" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> How dead-on accurate was THAT Volkswagen ad?
>
> Why else would anyone buy that wanna-be Ferrari rattletrap?

VW is such an unreliable POS. I really do not understand why people still
buy into the brand?