Replacent Dash Lights

Old June 25th 04, 01:32 AM
Mr Flipflops

Default Replacent Dash Lights

Hey guys

Just got me a nice new (to me) 2000 X 156 2.5 V6. Anyway, it's pretty much
a peach FASH example except for a warped rear disc and the rear fog
dashboard indicator not working, is it a dash out job? Expensive? I ask as
I happened to ask the dealer how much a brake disc was for the back (60
quid!). Naturally, I ain't paying that kind of money and got 15 quid Delphi
Lockheeds for some DIY. Oh, btw, how much is a new set of side skirts or
does someone have a set kicking around they might want to part with?

Rgds

Stuart

Old June 25th 04, 02:29 PM
Pete

On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 01:32:12 +0100, "Mr Flipflops"
>, wrote:

>Hey guys
>
>Just got me a nice new (to me) 2000 X 156 2.5 V6. Anyway, it's pretty much
>a peach FASH example except for a warped rear disc and the rear fog
>dashboard indicator not working, is it a dash out job? Expensive? I ask as
>I happened to ask the dealer how much a brake disc was for the back (60
>quid!). Naturally, I ain't paying that kind of money and got 15 quid Delphi
>Lockheeds for some DIY. Oh, btw, how much is a new set of side skirts or
>does someone have a set kicking around they might want to part with?
>
>Stuart

Congratulations. Skirts could cost you dearly. More than a suit :-)
Cadamuro skirt = €380, Autodelta skirt = £185.

Pete
--

156 2.0 TS (2001) - Proteo Rosso (his)
147 2.0 TS (2002) - Gem Green (her's)
Old June 27th 04, 12:02 PM
Stuart Ewen

> >Hey guys
> >
> >Just got me a nice new (to me) 2000 X 156 2.5 V6. Anyway, it's pretty much
> >a peach FASH example except for a warped rear disc and the rear fog
> >dashboard indicator not working, is it a dash out job? Expensive? I ask as
> >I happened to ask the dealer how much a brake disc was for the back (60
> >quid!). Naturally, I ain't paying that kind of money and got 15 quid Delphi
> >Lockheeds for some DIY. Oh, btw, how much is a new set of side skirts or
> >does someone have a set kicking around they might want to part with?
> >
> >Stuart
> >

> Congratulations. Skirts could cost you dearly. More than a suit :-)
> Cadamuro skirt = ?380, Autodelta skirt = £185.
>
> Pete

Hey Pete, where can I see pics of the Cadamuro? Don't like the
autodelta ones.
BTW, my fog light indicator does work, only comes on when dipped
headlights are in use (not like my old car).

Rgds

Stuart
Old June 27th 04, 07:06 PM
Alfistagj

Rear fog light(s) should switch off when you turn on your "big" headlights
(=law)
--
Ciao from Holland
AlfistaGJ (Gert-Jan)

"Stuart Ewen" > schreef in bericht
om...

Old June 27th 04, 08:33 PM
Catman

Alfistagj wrote:

> Rear fog light(s) should switch off when you turn on your "big" headlights
> (=law)

Certainly is in the UK. Shame they don't also make it a legal requirement
that fog lights switch off when the ignition is turned off, and will not
re-light unless deliberately turned on.
Alfa 116 Giulietta 3.0l (Really) Sprint 1.7
www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk
Old June 27th 04, 09:17 PM
Pete

On 27 Jun 2004 04:02:42 -0700, (Stuart Ewen), wrote:

>Hey Pete, where can I see pics of the Cadamuro?

You can see and buy from
http://www.alfisti.net/english/index.html

The actual page is:
http://tuning.alfisti.net/de/dept_95.html

Pete

Old June 28th 04, 05:35 PM
Zathras

On Sun, 27 Jun 2004 19:33:24 GMT, Catman
> wrote:

<Snip>
> fog lights switch off when the ignition is turned off, and will not
>re-light unless deliberately turned on.

...a feature of the 156! Still doesn't stop some plonkers going to all
the *effort* of re-selecting them though. In any case, my front fogs
are totally useless - I once tried to light up a wall 10ft away in
darkness with them - made no real difference. Maybe the Italians have
an extra-special, cunning fog over there...

Scotland
Alfa Romeo 156 2.4JTD Veloce Leather
'Oil' be seeing you..
(Email without 'Alfa' in subject are auto-deleted..sorry!)
Old June 28th 04, 06:17 PM
Tom Boltwood

> From: Zathras >
> Newsgroups: alt.autos.alfa-romeo
> Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 17:35:57 +0100
> Subject: Replacent Dash Lights
>
> On Sun, 27 Jun 2004 19:33:24 GMT, Catman
> > wrote:
>
> <Snip>
>> fog lights switch off when the ignition is turned off, and will not
>> re-light unless deliberately turned on.

> ..a feature of the 156! Still doesn't stop some plonkers going to all
> the *effort* of re-selecting them though. In any case, my front fogs
> are totally useless - I once tried to light up a wall 10ft away in
> darkness with them - made no real difference. Maybe the Italians have
> an extra-special, cunning fog over there...

I think front fog lights were only designed with the intention of irritating
other drivers. I have tried mine in every combination of conditions I can
think of and they have made absolutely zero difference. I've smashed one of
them now when I drove it into a fence post that was lying flat out in the
car park and I'm not going to bother getting it fixed.

Old June 28th 04, 07:51 PM
Catman

Zathras wrote:

> On Sun, 27 Jun 2004 19:33:24 GMT, Catman
> > wrote:
>
> <Snip>
>> fog lights switch off when the ignition is turned off, and will not
>>re-light unless deliberately turned on.

> ..a feature of the 156! Still doesn't stop some plonkers going to all
> the *effort* of re-selecting them though.

W*nkers

> In any case, my front fogs
> are totally useless - I once tried to light up a wall 10ft away in
> darkness with them - made no real difference. Maybe the Italians have
> an extra-special, cunning fog over there...

You should have tried to light up the ground......
Old June 28th 04, 08:58 PM
Zathras

On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 18:51:41 GMT, Catman
> wrote:

>Zathras wrote:

<Snip>
>> In any case, my front fogs
>> are totally useless - I once tried to light up a wall 10ft away in
>> darkness with them - made no real difference. Maybe the Italians have
>> an extra-special, cunning fog over there...
>>

>You should have tried to light up the ground......

...yes..the bit you can't see because it's below the bonnet/front
screen line was probably dimly lit! I've never found any car's fogs
better than dipped beam in fog since I first came across them in the
mid-80s.