I got a problem

Old July 19th 05, 08:18 PM
denis roy

Default I got a problem

Yesturday, I started my jeep TJ, and it was rough, I mean really rough. Like
a bad spark plug or a cable. Anyway, I drove it to work. Going howe it was
as before. Today, no problems. Any one want to venture on this? BTW, the
check engine light came on and the codes are 12 43 43 11 55.

Old July 20th 05, 12:57 AM
Dave Milne

12 Battery or computer recently disconnected
43 Peak primary coil current not achieved with max dwell time OR Cylinder
misfire OR Problem in power module to logic module interface
11 No ignition reference signal detected during cranking (bad Hall effect)
OR timing belt skipped one or more teeth; OR loss of either camshaft or
crankshaft position sensor

Dave Milne, Scotland

.. .

Old July 20th 05, 01:29 AM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

http://www.800-923-jeep.com/techCorn...rror_codes.cfm
http://www.off-road.com/jeep/cheroke...tdcsensor.html
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old July 20th 05, 09:06 PM
J Strickland

The keys are in the Code 43 and 11.

12 means the battery has been disconnected at some point in the life of your
Jeep, and the odds are that this is actually true. The 55 means there are no
more codes to report.

.. .

Old July 20th 05, 09:16 PM
J Strickland

If the OP has the engine with a separate coil for each cylinder, my guess is
that one of the coils is going out. Being the optomist that I am, the coil
is the simplist part to have failed here, however, I thought the individual
coils had individual Codes.

I know you guys like to cycle the ignition on and off to extract the codes,
but I'm thinking this would be one of those times when the OBD II Code
Reader would be useful.

Having said that, since Code 11 is the crank position sensor, which is the
conductor for the entire orchestra, if it wasn't working right, it could
cause a coil not to fire, and a Code 43 could be stored as a result. I'm
gonna change my diagnosis to the Crank Sensor, or Cam Sensor, which I think
are roughly equivelent parts that do the same job in different places.

k...