Tire Pressure?? 90 Cherokee LTD

Old July 15th 05, 12:56 AM
Dana Rohleder

The other day I sent this message to Daimler-Chrysler along with my VIN:

> I'm more than a bit confused about my man. rec. tire pressures. The
> driver's door says 33psi F&R. The owner's manual says 30psi F&R. The front
> glovebox has an additional sticker specifically for a Limited - it states
> 30/35psi F/R. I know these pressures don't make a lot of difference
> anyway, but I was curious why the LTD would specify different F/R
> pressures. Is it because the LTD has a rear antisway bar? Shouldn't the
> pressures be equal F/R with SelectTrac? It certainly seems to ride less
> harshly with the front at 30psi., but I assume it won't help my mileage
> much!

This was their reply:

"Dear Dana,

Thank you for your recent email to DaimlerChrysler Motors regarding your
1990 Jeep Cherokee.

The recommended tire pressures for your vehicle are based on the
original tires that were equipped with your vehicle (P225/75R16 BSW
On/Off Road Tires). Since you currently have different sized tires on
the vehicle, we recommend you contact the tire manufacturer for proper
inflation guidelines.

Thank you again for your email."
SNIP

16" rims in 1990?? I sent the following message to clarify:

To my knowledge, these vehicles were not available with 16" rims in 1990. I
am running standard, factory equipped 15" rims, which came on all Cherokees.
If indeed the vehicle came with 16" rims from the factory, shouldn't the
recommended tire pressure for the tires you mention above (which must be a
mistake) be posted conspicuously in one of the three places I mentioned
previously? There is no signage indicating 16" rims.

My question is simply this - should the front & rear tires on a Limited be
the same, as in other trim levels of Cherokees, or should they be higher in
the rear than the front as is indicated on the glovebox sticker which is
unique to the Limited trim model?

We'll see what the reply is!!

Old July 15th 05, 01:11 AM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

LOL Bet your email came from India.
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old July 15th 05, 09:19 AM
Dave Milne

Nah, English is too good.
Have you noticed that our Indian call centre friends always seem to be
called "John" or "Dave" etc.
Since this is obviously a blatent lie, I tell them my name is "Raj" or
"Balvinder" ...

Balvinder Navdeep Milne, Scotland
'91 Grand Wagoneer, '99 TJ

Old July 15th 05, 03:49 PM
Kevin in San Diego

I always start the call with "OK, what is your real name?"
KH

. uk...

Old July 15th 05, 06:23 PM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Hi Dave,
Reminds me of fraudulent charge on my Visa card, I call BofA and
said I believed this travel agency may have got access to my numbers via
classmate.com. She spoke perfect English with what I thought was a
Southern California accent, anyway she had no idea what a classmate was.
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old July 15th 05, 06:26 PM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

LOL I would, but with my sarcastic voice, it would end any help I
was trying to get.
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old July 15th 05, 09:35 PM
BillyRay

Last summer I was having a real problem with my Cincinnati (Ohio) Bell cell
phone. When I called the help center I spoke to a delightful girl named Anya
who graciously and expertly diagnosed and fixed the problem. During our
conversation I asked where her family was from, noting her accent.

Anyway, Cincinnati Bell Wireless' Help Desk is located in Newfoundland
Canada.

Old July 15th 05, 09:44 PM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

If there was a way I could switch to Bell, I would.
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old July 16th 05, 12:37 AM
Dana Rohleder

And, of course the final, "logical" answer:

"Dear Dana,

Thank you for your recent email to DaimlerChrysler Motors Corporation.

Our records indicate your vehicle VIN XXX was equipped from
the factory with P225/75R16 BSW On/Off Road Tires. We recommend using
the tire pressure guidelines on the drivers door if there is a
discrepancy from the Owner's Manual or glovebox."
SNIP

Always believe the computer (which does show 16x6" Aluminum Chrome wheels on
the build sheet). The fact that the vehicle came equipped and still sits on
OEM 15" gold anodized "honeycomb" wheels, is immaterial. No wonder I saved
myself a cool grand by ripping my car out of the dealer service department
before they could do any more "diagnosis by replacement" at $65/hr. Mankind
is doomed..........

--
Dana
Port Kent, NY