2006 Hondas

Old July 12th 05, 09:34 PM
Elle

"Joseph Oberlander" > wrote
> Elle wrote:

snip drivel
> > Naturally exactly what that "certain amount of power" "one" needs will
> > depend on vehicle specifics.

> We're talking about maybe 8-10HP difference but 7-8mpg.

We're talking about 80-83 hp for the 1.4L Fit and 1.3L Jazz (that's what a
few sites said, anyway) vs. 92 hp for my 1.5L Civic. This is over 10%
difference.

My 1.5L Civic battles to get up to 80 mph, on the rare occasions when
surrounding traffic warrants going this high. From experience driving it, I
estimate its optimal mpg occurs closer to 50 mph.

Without further investigation (e.g. the Fit could be significantly lighter
than the Civic, so its acceleration may turn out to be better), I remain
concerned that I would notice the lack of power. Of course, one could adjust
to it, but as long as much bigger engines are on the road (for similar size
vehicles), I am not sure I would be comfortable with even less acceleration
capability.

Old July 12th 05, 09:50 PM
Elle

"Elmo P. Shagnasty" > wrote
> Why do you keep ignoring the mass issue?

I don't. Why do you keep failing to either read my posts or understand
English?

Jerk.

Old July 14th 05, 07:40 PM
Joseph Oberlander

Elle wrote:

> "Joseph Oberlander" > wrote
>
>>Elle wrote:

> snip drivel
>
>>>Naturally exactly what that "certain amount of power" "one" needs will
>>>depend on vehicle specifics.

>>We're talking about maybe 8-10HP difference but 7-8mpg.

> We're talking about 80-83 hp for the 1.4L Fit and 1.3L Jazz (that's what a
> few sites said, anyway) vs. 92 hp for my 1.5L Civic. This is over 10%
> difference.

Wrong car. I meant the 1.4 Fit versus the 1.2Jazz What a Civic
does is immaterial. The 1.2l Jazz gets 7-8mph better highway
mileage than the 1.4 version for hardly any difference in power.

Old July 14th 05, 07:43 PM
Joseph Oberlander

Elmo P. Shagnasty wrote:

> In article . net>,
> "Elle" > wrote:
>

>>>Why do you keep ignoring the mass issue?

>>I don't. Why do you keep failing to either read my posts or understand
>>English?

> You do. You focus on horsepower. Weight is inconsequential to you.

He should also figure out that horsepower is a made up figure.
All that matters is torque. Period. All the rest is gearing
and how hard you rev it.

And Honda engines love to rev. Definately not a Buick

Old July 14th 05, 08:11 PM
Elle

"Joseph Oberlander" > wrote
snip

Bull****. Period.

Old July 14th 05, 08:11 PM
Elle

"Joseph Oberlander" >
> Elle wrote:
>
> > "Joseph Oberlander" > wrote
> >
> >>Elle wrote:

> > snip drivel

> >>We're talking about maybe 8-10HP difference but 7-8mpg.

> > We're talking about 80-83 hp for the 1.4L Fit and 1.3L Jazz (that's what

> > few sites said, anyway) vs. 92 hp for my 1.5L Civic. This is over 10%
> > difference.

> Wrong car. I meant the 1.4 Fit versus the 1.2Jazz What a Civic
> does is immaterial.

Bull****. I raised the point ONLY to compare the Jazz and Fit to my Civic.

RTFP.

Old July 14th 05, 10:35 PM
SoCalMike

Joseph Oberlander wrote:
> Wrong car. I meant the 1.4 Fit versus the 1.2Jazz

whats the diff between the fit and the jazz?
Old July 15th 05, 02:08 AM
jim beam

Elle wrote:
> "Joseph Oberlander" > wrote
> snip
>
>>He should also figure out that horsepower is a made up figure.
>>All that matters is torque. Period.

> Bull****. Period.

will you kids please grow up?

Old July 15th 05, 02:47 AM
Elle

"jim beam" > wrote
> Elle wrote:
> > "Joseph Oberlander" > wrote
> > snip
> >
> >>He should also figure out that horsepower is a made up figure.
> >>All that matters is torque. Period.

> > Bull****. Period.
> >

> will you kids please grow up?

All you've done is joined the fray and kept Joseph ignorant.

Old July 15th 05, 07:28 AM
Joseph Oberlander

Elle wrote:

> "Joseph Oberlander" > wrote
> snip
>
>>He should also figure out that horsepower is a made up figure.
>>All that matters is torque. Period.

> Bull****. Period.

HP = T*N/5252

Where T = Torque (lbft)
N = Speed (rpm)

Where did that 5252 come from????

A:The 5252 is a made up synthetic number.

You do the math.

2006 5 series E60 - when? sycle BMW 0 July 1st 05 05:35 AM
New to Hondas, got a few questions tonyrama Honda 21 May 11th 05 12:56 AM
UK Hondas [email protected] Honda 6 April 29th 05 04:33 PM
TDI and 2006 Diesel Regulations MB VW water cooled 12 October 31st 04 12:05 AM
buying bmw 325 (2005 vs 2006) Ruwan BMW 2 September 19th 04 11:27 PM