04 Pacifica DVD question

Old November 26th 04, 05:40 PM
BF

Default 04 Pacifica DVD question

The car has a DVD player (no screen, just the changer).
I like to download "books on tape" and listen to them on trips. Most DVD
players (as I understand it) will play MP3 CD's. So far I haven't found a
technique to copy MP3's that this player will recognize.
Any suggestions on how to burn disks, either CD or DVD that this player will
recognize. Or what I'm doing wrong here.
Not a huge deal since I can copy to CD RW's and erase later but would be
nice to have an entire book on just one disk instead of 8 to 16.
Thanks for any suggestions and software (burning) suggestions if applicable.
BF

Old November 27th 04, 01:45 AM
Richard

"BF" > wrote in message
> The car has a DVD player (no screen, just the changer).
> I like to download "books on tape" and listen to them on trips. Most DVD
> players (as I understand it) will play MP3 CD's. So far I haven't found a
> technique to copy MP3's that this player will recognize.
> Any suggestions on how to burn disks, either CD or DVD that this player
> will
> recognize. Or what I'm doing wrong here.
> Not a huge deal since I can copy to CD RW's and erase later but would be
> nice to have an entire book on just one disk instead of 8 to 16.
> Thanks for any suggestions and software (burning) suggestions if
> applicable.
> BF

This player reads DVD video and either DVD PCM or DD stereo, and Red Book CD
audio (16 bit 48 MHz PCM). Convert your MP3 into Wave 16 bit 48 files

Richard.

Old November 27th 04, 01:45 AM
Richard

Old November 27th 04, 02:44 PM
BF

"Richard" > wrote in message

> "BF" > wrote in message
> > The car has a DVD player (no screen, just the changer).
> > I like to download "books on tape" and listen to them on trips. Most DVD
> > players (as I understand it) will play MP3 CD's. So far I haven't found

> > technique to copy MP3's that this player will recognize.
> > Any suggestions on how to burn disks, either CD or DVD that this player
> > will
> > recognize. Or what I'm doing wrong here.
> > Not a huge deal since I can copy to CD RW's and erase later but would be
> > nice to have an entire book on just one disk instead of 8 to 16.
> > Thanks for any suggestions and software (burning) suggestions if
> > applicable.
> > BF

> This player reads DVD video and either DVD PCM or DD stereo, and Red Book

CD
> audio (16 bit 48 MHz PCM). Convert your MP3 into Wave 16 bit 48 files
>
> Richard.

Richard,
I appreciate the answer. From my question you might expect that I'm a bit
ignorant regarding DVD formats. Can you expand on how to convert MP3 to Wave
16 bit 48 files and what they are?In the mean time I'll be with Mr. Google.
BF

Old November 27th 04, 02:44 PM
BF

Old November 27th 04, 03:37 PM
BF

"BF" > wrote in message

> "Richard" > wrote in message
> >
> > "BF" > wrote in message
> > > The car has a DVD player (no screen, just the changer).
> > > I like to download "books on tape" and listen to them on trips. Most

DVD
> > > players (as I understand it) will play MP3 CD's. So far I haven't

found
> > > technique to copy MP3's that this player will recognize.
> > > Any suggestions on how to burn disks, either CD or DVD that this

player
> > > will
> > > recognize. Or what I'm doing wrong here.
> > > Not a huge deal since I can copy to CD RW's and erase later but would

be
> > > nice to have an entire book on just one disk instead of 8 to 16.
> > > Thanks for any suggestions and software (burning) suggestions if
> > > applicable.
> > > BF

> > This player reads DVD video and either DVD PCM or DD stereo, and Red

Book
> CD
> > audio (16 bit 48 MHz PCM). Convert your MP3 into Wave 16 bit 48 files
> >
> > Richard.
> >

> Richard,
> I appreciate the answer. From my question you might expect that I'm a bit
> ignorant regarding DVD formats. Can you expand on how to convert MP3 to

Wave
> 16 bit 48 files and what they are?In the mean time I'll be with Mr.

Google.
> BF

Okay, what I've discovered is that Red Book CD audio is the "regular" CD
format dating back to the 80's. So it sounds like I'm stuck with making ~1
hour CD's like I have been.
BF

Old November 27th 04, 03:37 PM
BF

Old December 3rd 04, 02:40 PM
Richard

"BF" > wrote in message

> "BF" > wrote in message

> DVD

> found

> player

> be
>> >
>> > This player reads DVD video and either DVD PCM or DD stereo, and Red

> Book
>> CD
>> > audio (16 bit 48 MHz PCM). Convert your MP3 into Wave 16 bit 48 files
>> >
>> > Richard.
>> >

>> Richard,
>> I appreciate the answer. From my question you might expect that I'm a bit
>> ignorant regarding DVD formats. Can you expand on how to convert MP3 to

> Wave
>> 16 bit 48 files and what they are?In the mean time I'll be with Mr.

> Google.
>> BF
>>

> Okay, what I've discovered is that Red Book CD audio is the "regular" CD
> format dating back to the 80's. So it sounds like I'm stuck with making ~1
> hour CD's like I have been.
> BF

Exactly right. Many audio utilities can convert MP3 to Wave and Wave to MP3.
Just read the help folder on your various utilities on your PC.

Richard.

Old December 3rd 04, 02:40 PM
Richard

"BF" > wrote in message

> "BF" > wrote in message

> DVD

> found

> player

> be
>> >
>> > This player reads DVD video and either DVD PCM or DD stereo, and Red

> Book
>> CD
>> > audio (16 bit 48 MHz PCM). Convert your MP3 into Wave 16 bit 48 files
>> >
>> > Richard.
>> >

>> Richard,
>> I appreciate the answer. From my question you might expect that I'm a bit
>> ignorant regarding DVD formats. Can you expand on how to convert MP3 to

> Wave
>> 16 bit 48 files and what they are?In the mean time I'll be with Mr.

> Google.
>> BF
>>

> Okay, what I've discovered is that Red Book CD audio is the "regular" CD
> format dating back to the 80's. So it sounds like I'm stuck with making ~1
> hour CD's like I have been.
> BF

Exactly right. Many audio utilities can convert MP3 to Wave and Wave to MP3.
Just read the help folder on your various utilities on your PC.

Richard.

Porsche 944 taillight question Nate Nagel Driving 73 January 29th 05 12:24 AM
Where to get Official Speed Limit Info [email protected] Driving 40 January 3rd 05 08:10 AM
E34 question Vernon Balbert BMW 11 October 27th 04 01:37 PM
JEEP question - 4.0 vs 4.0HO James Morrow 4x4 12 June 2nd 04 05:16 PM