sway bar link/OEM vs. After Market

Old April 24th 06, 03:18 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Default sway bar link/OEM vs. After Market

TJ 1997 Jeep Wrangler sway bar has failed for second time. Need advice
to go with the OEM option as before or is there an after market better
design available. Also installation and removal tips may be helpful.

Old April 24th 06, 04:29 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Almost every aftermarket is a better design, with the possible exception of
the older Rubicon Express. All of the aftermarket swaybar links are designed
to be easily disconnected for better axle movement off-road. JKS is a good
one, as is Tomken.

Removal of the original links...unbolt the bottom of the links from the
axle, remove the nut on the bar end of the link, and pound or press out the
link post...it's a tapered fit, like a balljoint.

ups.com...

Old April 24th 06, 04:58 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Tera disconnects.
-jenn

Old April 24th 06, 01:52 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

I just did this on my 2003 Rubicon. Borrowed a tie rod end puller from
AutoZone, and that did the trick to separate the link from the
stabilizer bar.

Replaced the originals with OEM style parts from Napa, since I want to
keep it pretty much stock.

Old April 24th 06, 01:53 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

jbjeep wrote:
> Tera disconnects.

I like mine!