Ferrari / Alfa news

Old August 9th 04, 07:39 PM
Alfistagj

Default Ferrari / Alfa news

This story came up the last few weeks and is becoming more and more a real
option.

Ferrari is the be an independent company (the will leave the FIAT group).
They will take Alfa (and Maserati??) with them.
Alfa will become Ferrari's high volume money maker.
Target will be to sell/produce twice as much Alfa's as now.

Dutch Ferrari importer Krooijmans is already negotiating with FIAT/Ferrari
and present Dutch importer FIAT Auto Netherlands has already informed the
present Alfa dealers!!

This will be the situation in most countries (out side Italy)

It looks like GM will not be involved!
Isn't that good news?!
--
Ciao from Holland
AlfistaGJ (Gert-Jan)

Old August 9th 04, 08:34 PM
Carl Farrington

Alfistagj wrote:
> This story came up the last few weeks and is becoming more and more a
> real option.
>
> Ferrari is the be an independent company (the will leave the FIAT
> group). They will take Alfa (and Maserati??) with them.
> Alfa will become Ferrari's high volume money maker.
> Target will be to sell/produce twice as much Alfa's as now.
>
> Dutch Ferrari importer Krooijmans is already negotiating with
> FIAT/Ferrari and present Dutch importer FIAT Auto Netherlands has
> already informed the present Alfa dealers!!
>
> This will be the situation in most countries (out side Italy)
>
> It looks like GM will not be involved!
> Isn't that good news?!

VERY good news!

Old August 9th 04, 10:20 PM
George Graves

In article <5yPRc.5115$vH5.2072@amstwist00>,
"Alfistagj" > wrote:

> This story came up the last few weeks and is becoming more and more a real
> option.
>
> Ferrari is the be an independent company (the will leave the FIAT group).
> They will take Alfa (and Maserati??) with them.
> Alfa will become Ferrari's high volume money maker.
> Target will be to sell/produce twice as much Alfa's as now.
>
> Dutch Ferrari importer Krooijmans is already negotiating with FIAT/Ferrari
> and present Dutch importer FIAT Auto Netherlands has already informed the
> present Alfa dealers!!
>
> This will be the situation in most countries (out side Italy)
>
> It looks like GM will not be involved!
> Isn't that good news?!

Good, if true. Maybe Ferrari will bring Alfa back to the States. But I
suspect that this is apocrypha.

--
George Graves
------------------

Bush is a poor leader because he isn't very smart.
What's Kerry's excuse gonna be?
Old August 9th 04, 11:14 PM
Aslan

Alfistagj wrote:
> It looks like GM will not be involved!
> Isn't that good news?!

Nice :-)
Now we really can say:
When Mercedes make a "sportscar", they call it AMG, when B*W makes a
"sportscar", they call it M; when Alfa makes a sportscar we call it a
Ferrari :-)

Aslan
1998 Alfa 156 2.0
2003 Mercedes E 320 CDI Avantgardé

Old August 10th 04, 08:32 AM
Joe Ortiz

This story keeps coming up but there is very little evidence that it's
true.
Surely, it's much more likely that Fiat will keep Ferrari (that kind
of brand isn't given up very easily)and that a new semi-autonomous
division including Alfa and Maserati will be created.
I suppose that the ultimate intention would be to float the new
division on the stock exchange with Fiat keeping a controlling stake.
If I'm a Fiat executive, I certainly don't want to go down in company
history as the guy who lost Ferrari.
I think a new division would also be a positive solution for the
Alfa marque. I also think it's very naive to simply dismiss the
involvement of GM. Used properly, GM money could be a force for good.
I realise this is sacrilegious talk to all those who feel there is
no Alfa life after the Bertone or the Alfasud depending on your
vintage.
I happen to think the current Alfa crop is wonderful and it's a
marvel that they are based on the Fiat Tipo. It just shows what can be
done. Best regards,

Joe 156 2.0l JTS Veloce
Old August 10th 04, 11:32 AM
Flavio

> > It looks like GM will not be involved!
> > Isn't that good news?!

> Nice :-)
> Now we really can say:
> When Mercedes make a "sportscar", they call it AMG, when B*W makes a
> "sportscar", they call it M; when Alfa makes a sportscar we call it a
> Ferrari :-)

I love this sentence!

Flavio

Old August 10th 04, 03:31 PM
Jacopo

Alfa WILL return to the US, with some brand-new cars that will bring the US
'Cuore Sportivo' back to life. First of all the Kamal SUV, with V6 engine
(and maybe with the Maserati-Ferrari V8); then the Brera (the substitute of
the GTV) with V6 and 4L engines and the 8c Competizione, with the V8 engine.
The Kamal will cost between 40.000 and 50.000 $, the Brera under 45.000 and
the 8c at about 125-130.000 $ (like a 360 Modena).
The guys at Alfa are working to adapt the 156 and the 166 for the US market,
it can be a good proving ground to test how the Holden V6 unit runs with
Alfas.
George, please contact me at alfa164v6tbAThotmail.com (MSN messenger
enabled) or at jacopino.bATtin.it (replace AT with @ ;-)

Bye