Problem solved for no gauges issue for Caravan

Old March 12th 05, 04:16 AM
Cherish65

Default Problem solved for no gauges issue for Caravan

Hitting the dashboard was not the answer, I tried. LOL Thank you to
damnnickname for you help. It worked! To those of you who have this
problem in the future, its an easy fix, if that is the same problem I
had with my Caravan. You must remove the lower panel below the
steering column, then on the right, just in front of your knee, should
be a metal box with two wire groups, one with a blue plug in and the
other clear/translucent green plug in. You must unplug those two ends
and wait a few minutes and replug them in. It worked for me, its call
a BCM aka Body Control Module.....Thanks again for eveyones help.
Cherish65

Topic URL: http://www.autoforumz.com/Dodge-Prob...ict107091.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.autoforumz.com/eform.php?p=499480
Old March 12th 05, 03:49 PM
Shades

I had the same problem a couple months back...this NG was AWESOME in
helping me!!! Saved me from spending any more time in the doghouse! Got the
fuel pump assy replaced a few weeks back to. Dang van has had so little work
done to it with 211K on the clock!!!

Old March 13th 05, 02:25 AM
maxpower

"Cherish65" > wrote in message
> Hitting the dashboard was not the answer, I tried. LOL Thank you to
> damnnickname for you help. It worked! To those of you who have this
> problem in the future, its an easy fix, if that is the same problem I
> had with my Caravan. You must remove the lower panel below the
> steering column, then on the right, just in front of your knee, should
> be a metal box with two wire groups, one with a blue plug in and the
> other clear/translucent green plug in. You must unplug those two ends
> and wait a few minutes and replug them in. It worked for me, its call
> a BCM aka Body Control Module.....Thanks again for eveyones help.
> Cherish65
>
> --
> Posted using the http://www.autoforumz.com interface, at author's request
> Topic URL:

http://www.autoforumz.com/Dodge-Prob...ict107091.html

http://www.autoforumz.com/eform.php?p=499480

Like I said, Im glad it worked for you, if you ever have a question drop me
a line

Glenn Beasley
Chrysler Tech

Old March 14th 05, 06:11 PM
Dan

On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 20:25:42 -0500, "maxpower"
> wrote:

>Like I said, Im glad it worked for you, if you ever have a question drop me
>a line
>
>Glenn Beasley
>Chrysler Tech

Maxpower:

I have a question regarding my new Magnum. I have heard there is an
"event recorder" in the vehicle, similar to a black box on an
airplane. True? If so, is it a separate module, or it is built in to
the powertrain controller?

Thanks,
Dan
Old March 14th 05, 10:09 PM
Shades

I cant say for sure but I have been hearing that they have been
installed on new vehicles for like 5 yrs... Anyone have any confirmation on
this?

Old March 15th 05, 01:06 AM
danny burstein

>> I have a question regarding my new Magnum. I have heard there is an
>> "event recorder" in the vehicle, similar to a black box on an
>> airplane. True? If so, is it a separate module, or it is built in to
>> the powertrain controller?

> I cant say for sure but I have been hearing that they have been
>installed on new vehicles for like 5 yrs... Anyone have any confirmation on
>this?

I can't find a public list anywhere, but here's a typical writeup:

"Today an estimated 30 million cars contain these 'black boxes' - they're
actually silver - known as event data recorders (EDRs). Most record simple
data such as whether airbags deployed or if passengers wore seatbelts. But
most cars from General Motors and Ford, as well as some Toyotas and
Hondas, track even more information, including vehicle and engine speed,
and whether the driver was accelerating or braking.

http://www.usatoday.com/tech/news/in...x_x.htm?csp=15

Old March 15th 05, 04:57 PM
David

I know Volvo's have had them for at least two year's. I worked for them
briefly, and in an accident in Montreal it cleared the company from a faulty
vehicle lawsuit, as it should the driver was driving in excess of 140 km's
an hour, and only applied the brakes two seconds before impact. the driver
killed someone in another car, and the driver was blaming Volvo.

Old March 15th 05, 08:29 PM
Dan

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 00:06:09 +0000 (UTC), danny burstein
> wrote:

>>> I have a question regarding my new Magnum. I have heard there is an
>>> "event recorder" in the vehicle, similar to a black box on an
>>> airplane. True? If so, is it a separate module, or it is built in to
>>> the powertrain controller?

>> I cant say for sure but I have been hearing that they have been
>>installed on new vehicles for like 5 yrs... Anyone have any confirmation on
>>this?

>I can't find a public list anywhere, but here's a typical writeup:
>
>"Today an estimated 30 million cars contain these 'black boxes' - they're
>actually silver - known as event data recorders (EDRs). Most record simple
>data such as whether airbags deployed or if passengers wore seatbelts. But
>most cars from General Motors and Ford, as well as some Toyotas and
>Hondas, track even more information, including vehicle and engine speed,
>and whether the driver was accelerating or braking.
>
>http://www.usatoday.com/tech/news/in...x_x.htm?csp=15

I know a lot of cars have them, including the Chrysler 300 and Dodge
Magnum. But my questions are "Where is it?" and "Can I disable it?"

Old March 16th 05, 03:02 AM
Steve W.

It is inside the ECM or the BCM. And NO you cannot disable it. It is
part of the computer now.

--
Steve Williams

"Dan" > wrote in message

an

in to

> >> I cant say for sure but I have been hearing that they have been
> >>installed on new vehicles for like 5 yrs... Anyone have any

confirmation on
> >>this?

> >I can't find a public list anywhere, but here's a typical writeup:
> >
> >"Today an estimated 30 million cars contain these 'black boxes' -

they're
> >actually silver - known as event data recorders (EDRs). Most record

simple
> >data such as whether airbags deployed or if passengers wore

seatbelts. But
> >most cars from General Motors and Ford, as well as some Toyotas and
> >Hondas, track even more information, including vehicle and engine

speed,
> >and whether the driver was accelerating or braking.
> >

>http://www.usatoday.com/tech/news/in...-27-auto-black

box_x.htm?csp=15

Problem solved Dave Chrysler 2 October 31st 04 08:46 PM
87 TBI Suburban bog / acceleration problem Michael Vosk 4x4 8 September 29th 04 04:55 AM