Insurance company to pay for impound fees of totaled car?

Old April 22nd 04, 09:09 AM
Gunbu

Default Insurance company to pay for impound fees of totaled car?

Ok, back on 3-27-04 I was hit in the side of my '96 honda by another
car. Long story short: I only had liability, her fault, she has
insurance, no one was injured, I'm in California, paperwork filled out
with her insurance company. Now, here we are almost a month later and
I get a call from the insurance saying an adjuster will call me to
FINALLY set up a time to look at my car. Basically I've been
stressing out about the impound fees that are mounting up, well over
$1000 worth. So my question is this: What's the best way to
absolutely make sure the other insurance company will pay for the
impound fees (in addition to the totaled car)? It would have been
great if I could of just had the car towed my house but I live in an
apartment and that's just not an option. Parking here sucks, and they
love towing cars... So, do I pay the impound when the time comes and
bill the insurance company or somehow make them work it out with the
tow yard? What's the best way to support my case? Any help will
greatly be appreciated!!
Eric
Old April 29th 04, 08:39 PM
Gunbu

> Take a deep breath Eric....you need it...heh...i am all the way across
> the country from you(Virginia) but it is pretty much standard here
> that the insurance would pay the towing and storage....these charges
> are a direct result of the accident and should be handled by the
> lady's insurance....good luck, insurance companies suck...
> JT

Thanks for the reassuring words. I'll definitely post the outcome of
this crap. Hopefully the insurance company will return my call today.
gunbu

Willing Auto Insurance Company? Matthew Russotto Driving 0 December 5th 04 01:57 AM
Help ! somebody hit my BMW . . news BMW 9 December 4th 04 12:26 PM
Insurance Company? MES Corvette 18 November 2nd 04 03:52 PM
Looking for good insurance company Quiet Voice Antique cars 4 October 10th 03 03:14 AM