andy rooney and the price of gas.

Old March 28th 05, 04:36 PM
BananaRepublican

Default andy rooney and the price of gas.

did you catch him on 60 minutes last nite?
Drive 20% less , you'll save bucks and the fat cat OIL guys will suffer
a little bit themselves. supply and demand.
after all americans drive and fly just a little too much.

g adds.
MONEY , what a concept

Old March 28th 05, 08:52 PM
The Office Jet

Andy Rooney drives me crazy. He always brings up the obvious and tries
to make it sound genius. I find him remarkably annoying.

Old March 28th 05, 09:06 PM
Larry Bud

BananaRepublican wrote:
> did you catch him on 60 minutes last nite?
> Drive 20% less , you'll save bucks and the fat cat OIL guys will

suffer
> a little bit themselves. supply and demand.
> after all americans drive and fly just a little too much.
> >

> g adds.
> MONEY , what a concept

50 bucks says that Andy travels in private jets and burns more fuel in
a year than I will in 10.

Old March 28th 05, 09:09 PM
Skip Elliott Bowman

"The Office Jet" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Andy Rooney drives me crazy. He always brings up the obvious and tries
> to make it sound genius. I find him remarkably annoying.

Let's see:

* He drives you crazy and annoys you

* Tries to make the obvious sound like genius

* Gets big check for doing all the above.

Nice work if you can get it.

Old March 28th 05, 10:32 PM
The Office Jet

Skip Elliott Bowman wrote:
> "The Office Jet" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> > Andy Rooney drives me crazy. He always brings up the obvious and

tries
> > to make it sound genius. I find him remarkably annoying.

> Let's see:
>
> * He drives you crazy and annoys you
>
> * Tries to make the obvious sound like genius
>
> * Gets big check for doing all the above.
>
> Nice work if you can get it.

I'm not saying it's not nice work. I'd love to do what he does. All
I'm saying is that he gets a bit annoying at times.

Old March 29th 05, 12:01 AM
The Office Jet

Larry Bud wrote:
> 50 bucks says that Andy travels in private jets and burns more fuel

in
> a year than I will in 10.

My bet is you are 100% correct in stating that. At least, it would be
if I were saying it.

Old March 29th 05, 12:54 AM
John David Galt

BananaRepublican wrote:
> did you catch him on 60 minutes last nite?
> Drive 20% less , you'll save bucks and the fat cat OIL guys will suffer
> a little bit themselves. supply and demand.
> after all americans drive and fly just a little too much.

We have a perfect right to fly and drive. We've paid for it.

If you want to lower gas consumption, start building freeways to relieve
rush hour congestion, so those thousands of people don't have to sit with
their engines idling for long periods during their daily commutes.
Old March 29th 05, 01:14 AM
Nicik Name

"Larry Bud" > wrote in message
ups.com...

> BananaRepublican wrote:
> > did you catch him on 60 minutes last nite?
> > Drive 20% less , you'll save bucks and the fat cat OIL guys will

> suffer
> > a little bit themselves. supply and demand.
> > after all americans drive and fly just a little too much.
> > >

> > g adds.
> > MONEY , what a concept

> 50 bucks says that Andy travels in private jets and burns more fuel in
> a year than I will in 10.

saw him get off an American Airlines flight..........
buy me lunch.

Old March 29th 05, 02:13 PM
C. E. White

Larry Bud wrote:

> BananaRepublican wrote:
> > did you catch him on 60 minutes last nite?
> > Drive 20% less , you'll save bucks and the fat cat OIL guys will

> suffer
> > a little bit themselves. supply and demand.
> > after all americans drive and fly just a little too much.
> > >

> > g adds.
> > MONEY , what a concept

> 50 bucks says that Andy travels in private jets and burns more fuel in
> a year than I will in 10.

That doesn't mean his suggestion is a bad on.

Ed
Old March 29th 05, 06:34 PM
dr.benway

Andy Rooney gives me gas! If everyone properly inflated their tires,
mileage would improve with a subsequent reduction in fuel usage.