What happened to top posting here?

Old January 23rd 05, 11:23 PM
griffin

I think the best way is to do a

"Greg" > wrote in message
news:PwPId.150690$Xk.94034@pd7tw3no...
> That's my question, one of things I always liked about this group, top
> posting, last few days it seems 1/2 or more are bottom, pain in the ass to
> read.

combination of both so everyone is happy!

Old January 23rd 05, 11:49 PM
Lon

No,

griffin proclaimed:

> I think the best way is to do a

What you really should do

> "Greg" > wrote in message

...is post the new content randomly all over the old stuff

>> That's my question, one of things I always liked about this group, top

... so new readers have no prayer of being able to
>>posting, last few days it seems 1/2 or more are bottom, pain in the ass to
>>read.

...figure out what the heck the

> combination of both so everyone is happy!

...thread is about.
Old January 24th 05, 01:17 AM
HomeBrewer

> Top posting shouldn't be done because it's rude.

Answer this: Do you have more jeep parts or motherboards lying around your
house?
--
___________________
HomeBrewer

Old January 24th 05, 02:09 AM
griffin

There is a possibility
"Lon" > wrote in message
> No,
>
> griffin proclaimed:
>
> > I think the best way is to do a

> ...is post the new content randomly all over the old stuff

that this may

> >> That's my question, one of things I always liked about this group, top

become confusing

> > combination of both so everyone is happy!
> >

> ...thread is about.

especially if I randomly cut and paste

> ... so new readers have no prayer of being able to
> >>posting, last few days it seems 1/2 or more are bottom, pain in the ass

> >>read.

> ...figure out what the heck the

parts of the old message in different spots.

Old January 24th 05, 02:29 AM
DougW

HomeBrewer did pass the time by typing:
>> Top posting shouldn't be done because it's rude.

> Answer this: Do you have more jeep parts or motherboards lying around your
> house?

erm..
motherboards.

Radioshack CoCo (16k 68E09) grey case
Dell 310 (386-20) (in the attic)
Scratch built (486 DX2 66)
Scratch built (Celeron 400 SuperMicro)
This box (P 2.9Mhz Asus)

Jeep parts.

Engine and tranny mounts (old)
Harmonic Balancer (old)
Spark plugs (even couple dozen used)
... Ya know, I need to clean this pile up ..
Spare rim and tire
glass jar full of "extra parts" from other projects.
Old exhaust header with big smiley crack in it
Assorted filters, oils, etc.
Jeep bag (but it's holding computer parts)

--
DougW

Old January 24th 05, 03:10 PM
Greg

My mother boards I usually find a home for, but my jeep parts are just
waiting to be reused some day.
I'm a painter by trade, built a room on side of garage to hold leftover
paints, but it's quickly becoming my parts room.

Old January 24th 05, 05:30 PM
Paul Calman

>> Answer this: Do you have more jeep parts or motherboards lying around
>> your house?

Definitely Jeepster parts, I only have 5 computers, but I am capable of
doing more than one thing properly.
--
Paul Calman, Hathaway Pines, California

Old January 24th 05, 11:01 PM
Will Honea

On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 15:37:19 UTC "Greg" > wrote:

> That's my question, one of things I always liked about this group, top
> posting, last few days it seems 1/2 or more are bottom, pain in the ass to
> read.

Get a newsreader that has the option to skip to first unquoted when
opening a message. Less hassle that starting another holy war about
where to post and wastes a helluva lot less bandwidth.

--
Will Honea
Old January 24th 05, 11:28 PM
DougW

Will Honea did pass the time by typing:
> On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 15:37:19 UTC "Greg" > wrote:
>
>> That's my question, one of things I always liked about this group, top
>> posting, last few days it seems 1/2 or more are bottom, pain in the ass to
>> read.

> Get a newsreader that has the option to skip to first unquoted when
> opening a message. Less hassle that starting another holy war about
> where to post and wastes a helluva lot less bandwidth.

Heck OE works fine if you install OE-QuoteFix.

--
DougW

Old January 25th 05, 03:39 AM
Lon

DougW proclaimed:

> Will Honea did pass the time by typing:
>
>>On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 15:37:19 UTC "Greg" > wrote:
>>

>>> That's my question, one of things I always liked about this group, top
>>>posting, last few days it seems 1/2 or more are bottom, pain in the ass to
>>>read.

>>Get a newsreader that has the option to skip to first unquoted when
>>opening a message. Less hassle that starting another holy war about
>>where to post and wastes a helluva lot less bandwidth.

> Heck OE works fine if you install OE-QuoteFix.

!

,

!